SITE REVIEW: www.dirtyblackonline.com

• hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

http://www.dirtyblackonline.com

This is my another deveoped website about a band team in FLORIDA MIAMI feel free to comments on it.

Thanks in advance.
  • Serathis
  • Born
  • Born
  • Serathis

Post 3+ Months Ago

a detail which immediately got me was that the music off button appears only after several seconds of music which i find annoying

when music starts and I don't see a music off button immediately when the music starts, I tend to turn down the volume in a reflex or close the site because it interferes with the music I normally have running
that is a personal thing but it annoys me always when I can't turn music off immediately when it starts

on the music page I prefer having a tangible player not only a button to start playing the song preview

I really like the colors, the darker background is better for the eyes, because I tend to get tired fast by those white backgrounds
the flames filling both sides at my resolution (1280x1024) is good-looking
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a dial up connection and i cant wait till your site loads.
so i couldn't see your site.
but i hope it loads faster on a cable connection.
anyhow wish you all the best
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would do a few things different.

The flash after the intro is ok.

The orange border looks a little dull, consider pulling some of those colors from the inside of that rapper's jacket.
So your site colors would be:

White
Blue neon
Grey
Black

Or any combination above.

The mouse over events for your navigation bar, needs more umph. You can barely see the switch when you move your mouse over the images.

But the site serves the purpose and I bet dirty black was impressed. :D

Frank
  • Karsten
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karsten
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is the site offline? I get an 404 error :?
  • #@X0R
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • #@X0R
  • Loc: Cyberspace

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got a error that this is a temp page so either your site is getting re done or you do not have a good host but anywho i can't review it because i can't see it
  • TLP
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • TLP
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the site. I am a fan of simplicity though. I am not much for all the bells and whistles so I like it when a site gets straight to the point like yours. The music is emphasized and that is the most important thing for a music promoting site.

By the way, I love the beats!
  • kingrye
  • kingrye

Post 3+ Months Ago

-I dont like the music playing its ok for one loop but after that its annoying. it scared me cause my music was up real loud and didnt know it was coming
-I am also in the hip hop game and I think we really need to stress our professional ism

+I like the map idea
+I like the puzzel pic
  • jazzmasta25

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site design easy navigation. Lots of content and info, easy contact page.

Maybe too much flash, I don't generally like intro pages and I don't see its purpose here.

Music is ok IF you can turn it off from the second it starts, in this case you cannot you need an option to turn off the music easy to find and constantly there. Also even if you do turn it off, once you leave and return to the home page its back on.
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make a music on/off button.

Might consider putting the flash intro within the nav. That way we aren't forced to load it and/or click the "skip" button, we can just click any of the nav to get to where we'd like to be. It means shrinking the flash, I realize, but the payoff will be better imo. Maybe make it 400x200 at the top of the homepage -- oh, and make it set a cookie so that it doesn't reload each time they go hom and/or to the site...put a "replay" button on it in case they'd like to rewatch it.
  • Meds
  • Born
  • Born
  • Meds

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the music on/off button. But all in all this is a very good site. You or whoever formed it for you did great.

One thing I would do is add more photos with "Girls" in your Photo Gallery area.

Best Of Luck With The Site!
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice i like the flash effects and some masking on letter looks very nice only thing i noticed was the bg flames you could see pixels which is kinda ok..but like you should convert to vector or something so cant see pixels looks good though cant notice all the time because the information which is good buyt sumtymes you can

all in all very nice site i like it alot even though i hate hip hop and stuff...>.<

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers