SITE REVIEW: www.discountshoppingwithagloco.com

• Andromedan
  • Andromedan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The last couple of days I worked really hard on a new shopping related website, and I finally finished it.

Its based on content only, the website itself does not sell products. I went with a one color scheme, and I did not use a template, everything is designed from the ground up. No advertisements to ruin the look. I tried to balance everything out as good as I can.

The website blog is still in the old stage, I have to do some work on that later.

Let me know what you think or what you consider good or bad or if anything should be added or removed.

http://www.discountshoppingwithagloco.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mohamedm104
  • mohamedm104

Post 3+ Months Ago

the layout is good but i think you should do more couple things
first the nav bar u should put logo in the left

second the links you should make the underline only when mouse over , it's looks better to me

the banner has some annoying green color you should make it little soft
  • Andromedan
  • Andromedan

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, the logo thing is something I haven't been able to figure out yet.

the header colors are those of the entire theme. I have no idea how changing them would make the site look like.

I've also thought about underlining the links, not underlining them looked a bit confusing because the link color is dark, and is hard to see without the underlining.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don`t really like that green gradient. Try to make it a little more smooth.

There isn`t very much of the design, but the structure and concept is ok. Did you know that geniouses choose green?

Overall I think it`s good, but why on earth did you remove the menu from the subpages of the site. I hate flash fancy sites that make me go to home page to get to another page after that. Yours doesn`t have animations and "blinkers" . SO it is worse.

Moreover, removing that big menu and placing it only on the home page, giving the other pages only "Main Page" and "sign up", will make your SEO score very low.

try to lose the table based layout.

So, it needs some more work..good luck with it
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes seriously, keep the header in the nav bar, it's really annoying to go back to the homepage the whole time ...

And that green gradient is really overwhelming to me, it's too much

also check on the w3c validator, there are 9 errors on your page ... http://validator.w3c.org

and doesn't the domain name feel really long to you? I won't be able to remember it at all ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I second the idea of the logo on the left side of the header.

Also I third the menu thing. It needs to be the same on all pages just have an active state on the page when it is current.

The problems that I see with the green gradient is that it has a lot of lines in it and its not smooth and it overpowers your navigation. Have you thought about using images in your menu?

Over all I think you've done a good job keeping the site clean. It's also nice that you have links to all the pages from the content.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

discount shopping is not hard, the rest is way hard to keep in mind :D
  • Andromedan
  • Andromedan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all of the comments guys, it means a lot.

The thing is, I really thought that linking all of the pages to the main page improved my SEO score, I read that in a SEO book, I kind of considered that annoying to, I will change it, thanks.

I'm still thinking what to do with the green gradient header, I thought the lines were great. If you work on it to long you kind of lose sight on what other people might see in it. What would anyone advice me? A gradient at all? I want to keep the color scheme in it. I'll try to lighten the gradient, like mohamedm104 suggested.

The domainname is made for SEO also, to have my keywords in them, which are 'discount shopping', and 'shopping'. Its very hard to rank well for shopping related keywords, and I can't change it either. I guess I'll have to live with it.

webia, I'm not going to lose the table based layout, thats the only thing besides the domainname I won't change. I like the way it looks, I've studied many corporate and business websites, and this just feels ok. I spend a lot of time perfecting the layout.

Thanks again for all the comments, its of great value.
  • Andromedan
  • Andromedan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've changed a lot.

The flashy header is gone, and I made an attempt for a logo. I also created equal links on all pages. The logo now serves as a link to the home page.

I've tried several logo's and headers, but I'm still looking for the perfect color scheme. Right now I think its still a little conflicting with the light and dark green, maybe because how I used it, I don't know.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers