SITE REVIEW: www.DownSouthFun.com

• adfodo
  • adfodo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking for some input towards my forum. It's a new site about spring break and vacations in general to the carribeans and mexico. I would appreciate some feedback on how it looks and if it's too plain what I can add to make it look better. I also am open to suggestions on how to get some members.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have immediately clicked away from your website.
It didn't intrigue me and it didn't explain to me right away what it could offer me.

I don't know, it just seems to me that you have put it up there without having put too much effort into it. That may not be so. But I mean, where is the content? Where is the fun? I didn't see it.

The colors are good though. Given the theme, I'd put a palm tree picture or something of the like also.
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Being a party animal as I am :D I have to admit that I like the idea behind the website. As for the looks and feel of it, I'd have to say that I don't really like it.

The bright orange distracts visitors' attention away from the actual content. Also, I don't really see any purpose behind the empty orange banner, maybe replacing it with a nice party-related image (photo of people dancing in a club perhaps?)

Another thing is that for a forum, which by definition will have lots of content I wouldn't suggest a content area of ~800px, I'd rather go with a width of something closer to 100%.

And BTW there's a bug in the link you put in your signature.
  • adfodo
  • adfodo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx alot for the comments. I've made some changes to the site. I've done a new layout and I hope this looks better.

I don't have too much content since I don't have any members yet. I included some of my own personal experiences but I hope to get some people signing up that will share some of their own.

Keep the comments comming they're very helpful.
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much better!
I would definitely hang around on your site for a while. The palm trees look good.
You might consider hiring some forum posters to get the place going.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers