SITE REVIEW: www.doyouknowgod.net

• jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys i have been building this website and need some ideas to make it better, what you think????
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing that comes to mind is your flash file is way to huge. It's over 6.5 MB and takes forever to load. In fact, I didn't think it was going to load and reviewed your code to make sure it was right. Finally it loaded. If I wan't reviewing your site and just passing by, I would have moved on believing the site was messed up.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

As mentioned, the flash intro is way too big in file size.

The text on the site itself needs to be left-aligned, not centered as it makes it look very amateur as centered text.

The site does not have a title.

An awful lot of blue existing throughout the site - perhaps some white or a complementary orange or grey somewhere within the site wouldn't hurt...
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with Darek about there being too much blue... some extra colour in there would really help break the site up a bit. ...what about having a white background (so that the two "side panels" on a 1280x1024 monitor) were white? The main body of the site could still be blue then, but the white would help reduce the amount of blue...

Good looking site though - I especially like the logo and the "graphitti-style" DYKG text.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

YEah takes extremely long to load and i no i dont have the bestest of internet but that is slow..
and to tell yyou the truth i think it is very plan it is like too much the same which is good in a way because then you stick to the smae colors but yeah just a bit tooo much the same.

but the header is awsome
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks heaps guys, the Intro has been redone, I knew that it was MASSIVE Is it better now?

I will have a look at the blue issue.

Also how would you rate the site out of 10?
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

out of ten well honesty about 7/10 but yeah just that blue thing jsut too much but the header gives it the up side
  • unbroken69
  • Born
  • Born
  • unbroken69

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look and feel of the site. The blue goes really good and the banner is really nice. You don\'t have enough stuff on your site to keep a steady amount of visitors coming to your site. Start thinking of ideas to grow. overall 8 of 10
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, site is still very new we are adding lots of new things all the time.
  • mystic
  • mystic

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should take out the intro thing with ur flash.

I hate websites with that it just bugs me.

other then that your site has too much blue mix the colors around have about 3 main colors to use everywhere that match.
  • mack10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mack10

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, first of all props on the design, looks great, but lacks in some parts.. text really shouldn't be centered so i'd change that if i were you.. i think ur navigation looks good but some of em when u roll over them they pop up another nav thing, i think defenitly the font there should be changed cuz it looks bad.. and really other than that.. maybe make it when u roll off of the pop up links it disappears right away cuz it's kind of annoying waiting for it to disappear.. first time i thought the site didn't work right for a sec.. and really other than that good job.. looking forward for the final version.
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site need some cosmetic change.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

jubilaki wrote:
Thanks heaps guys, the Intro has been redone, I knew that it was MASSIVE Is it better now?

Yes way better. Took only 5 seconds to load on mine. Love the music!

mystic wrote:
I think you should take out the intro thing with ur flash.

I hate websites with that it just bugs me.

I don't know why people are critisising the intro. I think it's great. I like the logo with the eye and the pics. Maybe put a rollover effect on those buttons at the top.

etechsupport wrote:
your site needs some cosmetic change

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to agree. At the moment, the Homepage is rather dull and needs something to spice it up. Other than that, I think I pretty much summed up what everyone else said.

Well done and keep up the good work! :)

//Edit: Since a lot of people agree that the blue is a bit much, I think that you should really think about adding another colour...
  • sebastianx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sebastianx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thinkyou to take the flash intro away. Why don't you just put a link saying "Click here to view my flash intro"

~S
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Intro is there because the site is aimed at youth and it has a great feel to it, If you don't like the Intro or can't be bothered viewing it you just click on the "Skip Intro" button.

I need some help with the nav bar, at the moment it is takeing ages to add a new page haveing to change the script on every page, it takes ages. How can i have it so that there is only one file that i have to change and dose it for all the pages?

Any ideas on what color to add and where?

Funny_Fuzz glad you like the music :D

Thanks guys really apresiate this.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much better on the flash intro.
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

jubilaki wrote:
I need some help with the nav bar, at the moment it is takeing ages to add a new page haveing to change the script on every page, it takes ages. How can i have it so that there is only one file that i have to change and dose it for all the pages?

Thanks guys really apresiate this.

ATNO/TW do you know a scprit i could use?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers