SITE REVIEW: www.Dynamicz.org

• Shad
  • Shad

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has been up for a month or so, and i would like some feedback on it. Please give me suggestions/critique based on the code and design.

The site is for a community of people searching for anything from coding tutorials/snippets,downloads,gallery/portfolio to entering challenges etc.. I will be making a forum in a couple of weeks or so.

view: dynamicz.org

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• photos
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • photos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Functionality is impressive, i could never do that. good job

one critique if one at all: maybe everything seemed too red? it looked good though, not a bad thing... i'm no designer
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Appears to be hanging under firefox. I can't get it to load.
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow this is AMAZING! yeah maybe just a bit too much red. also, i think raise it all a bit closer to the top and please move the paypal donate button somewhere less obvious lol. Only one more thing I think: There is so MUCH of it (coding) that it is a bit slow scrolling. I dont know if you can change that. I no way have the coding knowledge you do!

10/10!
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

really nice work... the content strikes me as a little junvenile, but y'all are having fun, so whatev's...
maybe that's part of what i like about it... which is that it's got a little of everything for the people on it... looks like it's already developing into something of a community... great... keep it up!

also, the functionality is amazing... so much going on...
i don't mind the red and i dig how light it all is... easy on the eyes...

the only problem i've really noticed is some things are a little confusing, such as the recent posts - only some of them are links... i don't really understand why...
also, i think the icons are a fine start, but could use a little work (like the news and downloads icons)...

Ishii wrote:
Appears to be hanging under firefox. I can't get it to load.

one of the first things i saw when i checked out the site was an ad for opera... or rather an ad AGAINST firefox... but... it worked fine on my ff browser, so...
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adjust the links so that not all of them are black. Half the time you can't tell what is a link and what isn't. Other than that... it looks great.
  • BartAfterDark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • BartAfterDark

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't know if it is just me
But I think it is a strain for the eyes :/
  • Jamey Bland
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree on the strain on the eyes. I think its the diag. stripes on the bg that are making it so hard on the eyes. Maybe a lighter shade and lose the lines or even a gradient patter instead? Also, with it having a fixed BG it's a little slow to scroll and looks a little jumpy.

I like the layout though, a lot of information in a little space with not a lot of scrolling, I like that.

Jamey
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing I might suggest is the teasers on the right hand side for Poll and Today on Dynamicz should have links to the stuff they're teasing for. I had a bit of a hard time finding where that content was. I eventually found it but it was awkward. Other than that, really nice looking site.
  • BooGiE_MaN
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. Really good job
Like the search form in the DHTML menu - haven't seen that before.
It looks quite busy at first - I could decide where to go when I got there too much choice!

The live chat window is really cool too. Wouldnt do something like that for a commercial site though - you cant always control what people are saying!

Quite impressive, i'm sure your site will become a community portal in future.

One thing you might want to try is assign unique title & meta tags to each page.
  • Ian
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the nav lnisk at the top should be a bit bigger. It should be more obvious that those are important links that take you other places. :D Otherwise great site.
  • arrivist
  • Born
  • Born
  • arrivist
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice design however I was a bit lost as to the purpose of the site. I think maybe you need to explain what you are about.

Also, your CSS and HTML have a number of errors.
visit: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 ... amicz.org/ for your CSS errors
and http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 ... amicz.org/
for your HTML errors.

I always try and fix as many of these problems as possible in order to make my sites backward and cross browser compatible.
  • OptionBlock
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • OptionBlock

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, and i like the red ;)
  • brittanyblair
  • brittanyblair
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great setup, very organized.
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice design, just geate.

The red are maby to red. i maby just me...but i would tone it just a little down.
The design have a good and "nice for the ey's" combo.

Thats my 5 cent

regards
  • water
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • water

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website is structured great. Plenty to read, but my problem is the loud red. But overall the site is organized great.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers