SITE REVIEW: www.eresummit.com

• Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I'm still in the process of putting the final touches on a real estate web site for a local colorado real estate office. It has a custom MLS integration, advanced searches and a database driven interactive mapping system.

http://www.eresummit.com

Interactive Breckenridge maps can fetch landmark information by clicking icons on the map or using the legend list on the left hand side.

Feedbacks are appreciated
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first reacton was that the header was a bit 'busy'. Maybe reduce the amount of text there.

I like the flash images that fade in/out under the welcome content box, and i like the curved boxes around the content.
  • loydall
  • Born
  • Born
  • loydall
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

The box with "Search through 2267..." has a background image that makes the text hard to read. Overall it's fine though.

I'd also look at the header - you've got the text centre aligned although it sort of sits to the right (if you know what I mean).

It looks like you've put a lot of work into this though...
  • Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave the search box a background with more transparency such that text can be more visible. I'm still trying to figure out the centering issue, nevertheless, I truly do not see it on my browsers. I'm using a Mac though, I will try it on a windows system with internet explorer.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your interactive maps for breckenridge are quite helpful and detailed. I'm not sure if it's something that you can do, but there is no rollover state or anything for the zoom and size or position of the map feature. At first I wasn't sure if they were buttons or not.

Otherwise, it is a nice site. I like the way you've used the rotating images, and your different guides are very clean and organized.
  • BreckPro
  • Born
  • Born
  • BreckPro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Website. I love the colors. However, the middle column has an image that you cannot click. Is it supposed to be this way or should it lead to more information?
  • elemanyak
  • elemanyak

Post 3+ Months Ago

The codding is really good but graphics and design look like bad...
  • mediait
  • mediait

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the head being a bit cluttered but my biggest concern would be the download speed of your homepage. It's slow. I did a test on it and

Total HTTP Requests: 28
Total Size: 462090 bytes

Object Size Totals
Object type Size (bytes)
HTML: 13967
HTML Images: 442830
CSS Images: 0
Total Images: 442830
Javascript: 0
CSS: 1922
Multimedia: 3371
Other: 0

I would cut down on the images or compress them right down.
Apparently if a page doesn't load in 4 seconds surfers will give up and go somewhere else.
  • Night Watch
  • Born
  • Born
  • Night Watch
  • Loc: Pensacola Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The local maps are cool. It would be beneficial if you could allow them to be expanded out on one screen to take into account the all of Summit County. This would allow people who are interested in buying property to see where some of the outlying area is in relationship to the ski area and golf courses.
  • kmzeron
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes great job , the maps are cool , the colors are cool !
But why you don't validate your html code ? It contains a lot of errors !
That it was my opinion ...
Best Regards !
  • Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have finally installed windows XP on my mac and when using internet explorer I can see what you guys are talking about. Fixed layout issues in MS IE and fixed map navigation issues as well.
  • doogers
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • doogers

Post 3+ Months Ago

Realtor here,
I thought your website was great! As far as the searching for property...I havent seen an easier search. Those are the things that are going to keep people coming back to your site. Is that something custom you did?
Doogers
  • Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks doogers. Everything on the website was custom designed, searches and databases use mysql and php custom codes as well.
  • BreckPro
  • Born
  • Born
  • BreckPro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website looks great as everyone has mentioned. However, the navigational arrows (North, South, East, West) on your maps still do not work....should they?
  • Anaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fixed the map navigation, thank you all for your input.
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website looks sort of good and professional, but I presonally think that the dark green doesn't match with the white. The map looks very nice.

Snoop1000

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers