SITE REVIEW: www.fitnawake.net

• multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all,
I have done a new forum, with "wellness, weight loss.. ect" theme.

I would like an review of the design (not my own, a template) and the diffrent categories ect.

http://www.fitnawake.net

kind regards
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nickelmedia
  • nickelmedia
  • Loc: Orlando, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only major concern is the color choice of the banner graphic. The orange outline with the blue/green/white gradient is somewhat an eyesore on the blue bg.

Other than that it looks like a forum :)
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah.. i know about the "2 seconds" grafix on top. i just did that to get some kind of logo.
I am just not a grafix-geek and i do not have any money to get it done right now..
  • etono
  • etono

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the theme is really bright, maybe it is from going from this black one to such a light forum. I think the white text is a bit hard to read on the light blue background, I think you would be better of with a grey.
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes. maybe i can change that in the CSS or somewere else at the template.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think the orange looks bad, I kinda like it. I would suggest adding splashes of it elsewhere on the page, though, perhaps modify whatever theme you're using. Make it look like it wasn't an accident. =] That teal-ish colour that fills the orange, though, that doesn't really go with the blue you've got, imo.

I agree that the white text is difficult to read on that background. Other than that, you need to clean up the spelling and grammar on that page.

Good luck with your forum.
  • Perad
  • Student
  • Student
  • Perad

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have too many forums, you should start off with less to stimulate discussion then expand and create subforums as you grow. By having soo many the forum looks like it has very few members or posts.

You forum is probably new and only has 400 odd posts, but i would much more likely join a forum where i can see a couple of forums with 100 posts each as opposed to several active forums adn 10-15 inactive ones.

As for the scheme i am not greatly overstruck on it. I can't help but feel that they ads cut your page in half and almost completely remove the header from the content. It would look a lot better if your header was actually attached to your content.

Also the white text on the light blue background has been mentioned a few times above, you should look into fixing this.
  • bernkly
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your forum layout is too plain n not attractive enough. :shock: Maybe you can do this...

Mainpage ---> Forum.

Create a simple mainpage talk about health and care. From there led the visitor to your forum. It serve better keyword in google ranking too. 8)
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just added a new style to run as standard. have tried to make a new top logo and buttons..were the buttons are not that good.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad! The text is a lot easier to read now, but you still need some help with spelling and grammar. =]
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, as you might know, english are my second langauge, and i miss i couple of words.

Do you have time to point out just a few of the misspelling?

regards

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers