SITE REVIEW: www.floridadancecentre.com

• royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, I just put up a new Flash site for a client.

http://www.floridadancecentre.com

Please let me know what you think.[/url]
  • alexdovinat
  • alexdovinat

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks really good!
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

good but, its very complicated. i like clean designs. its not clean.,i m sorry.
its original i understand,its your own original work.but i think its only start for you! good luck :)
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there. I usually prefer a more 'clean' design also, but the client wanted 'edgy' to rebrand their business.

Their original site was a boring generic template and they wanted something to appeal to a young hip crowd. I'm just a dull programmer but my partner is a graphics designer that can tailor a design to the clients desire!
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a few things I see:

- when you hit the main page the first time the text 'Flex Performing Arts' is clickable. Opens a calendar which isn't really that intuitive. The problem is, if I hit another page, when I come back to the main page, the link is no longer clickable. (I'm viewing with FireFox)

- the site doesn't seem to respond to my mouse wheel... To move down I must use the scroll bar... almost makes me dizzy when I go to scroll and the page doesn't move.

- the history screen involves a whole lot of scrolling and concentration to track the many lines of text (since the column is so narrow).

- I keep having this sense that there should be a little more space at the bottom of your pages... feels like I'm bottoming out...

- the overall look and feel is super. I wish I could do such work.
  • biznazz
  • biznazz
  • Loc: Miami, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks pretty good. Maybe you could add a little more info on your homepage though. It may be difficult to get good search engine rankings with little content on your homepage.
  • proglead
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

well ..to be honest i would rather suggest you to go in for HTML based site rather than in flash since there maybe some user on dial ups and they may face problem viewing ur site....just a suggestion :)
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

masterweb wrote:
Just a few things I see:

- when you hit the main page the first time the text 'Flex Performing Arts' is clickable. Opens a calendar which isn't really that intuitive. The problem is, if I hit another page, when I come back to the main page, the link is no longer clickable. (I'm viewing with FireFox)

Wow..you found a bug! Thanks..I'll work on it when I get a chance

masterweb wrote:
- the site doesn't seem to respond to my mouse wheel... To move down I must use the scroll bar... almost makes me dizzy when I go to scroll and the page doesn't move.

gee thanks..another bug! :( . I noticed this when I was working on it, but was kinda hoping it was just me. The weird thing is it works for the home page initially, but doesnt work if you return to the home page from another page.

masterweb wrote:
- the history screen involves a whole lot of scrolling and concentration to track the many lines of text (since the column is so narrow).
True..that was kind of a design decision..its not great looking, I know, I may put it into a popup window

masterweb wrote:
- I keep having this sense that there should be a little more space at the bottom of your pages... feels like I'm bottoming out...
True..I built the site on a 1280x1024 screen and it looks great...its too big on a 1024x768 screen and outrageously large on 800x600..

masterweb wrote:
- the overall look and feel is super. I wish I could do such work.

Thanks...I just messed around with baby stuff in flash before, but tried to learn actionscript etc for this project. I did it in about a week of long days and lots of studying.! Can't take credit for the graphics though, thats my partner/girlfriend's work.
  • chstout
  • chstout

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd agree with some other opinions that the site would better be served in html instead of flash. It doesn't size (or center) well when I resize my browser (ie6 winxppro).

When I clicked on the calendar under classes, I thought it locked up my browser. It just hung for several seconds and then finally brought up the calendar.

Artisticly, I like what you've done as far as the design goes.
  • cgikanga
  • cgikanga
  • Loc: georgia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site is very interesting and informative, if I was in your state I'd book a hip-hop class.
Suggestion: Maybe you could add a lil' details for the different classes i.e. what they're about and what is required and expected.
  • wr3698er73678
  • Born
  • Born
  • wr3698er73678

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep. A much cleaner degisn would help :)

Otherwise good
  • ckim06
  • Born
  • Born
  • ckim06

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that a HTML site would do better than a pure flash site. The thing that bugs me most about these kind of sites is there's no back button. Also the images look a little blurry.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers