SITE REVIEW: www.fokebox.com

• Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello dear users. I would like to introduce my web directory for reviewing: www.fokebox.com
I will be glad if you review and post some constructive sugestions, ideas, likes and dislikes.
If you have your own website I would be also happy if you test submitting your link!
Kind regards,
Fokebox
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks like you look a good job of this, i think work now on the cosmetic stuff like logo and clean up the look and you mite have something there.
  • IJR112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IJR112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it looks pretty clean and organized. I agree that you should try to change the look to make it more catchy to the eye. Right now it's kind plain so I would try to spruce it up a little bit.
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thx for reviewing ... I will go on keep it up and make it more attractive!!! I also need more submissions )
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Center your layout and maybe use a fixed one. Right now, on a wide monitor your site is all over the place. The font is too small. Otherwise it's OK, clean and nice.
  • ynakasone
  • Loc: Burleson/Texas United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to submit a webpages and in the login information stay "Checking availability..." and don't let me submit.
  • CLowe
  • Born
  • Born
  • CLowe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could use a little more color and design, although I not quite sure by just looking at the first page I would get an understanding of what the site does. Please tell me and then I can look at it again.
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

CLowe wrote:
Could use a little more color and design, although I not quite sure by just looking at the first page I would get an understanding of what the site does. Please tell me and then I can look at it again.

There are some ideas that I would like to realize:
1) To create a world web map ... you can click E-map, where all submitted websites are displayed in the shape off small dots
2) To give opportunities to be in the top search results for all who submitted a website
So this is free web directory for those who has a homepage or business website!

ynakasone wrote:
I'm trying to submit a webpages and in the login information stay "Checking availability..." and don't let me submit.

Have you submitted your website or not? Now registration works very well =)
  • ynakasone
  • Loc: Burleson/Texas United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "Register My website" button is always unable.
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ynakasone wrote:
The "Register My website" button is always unable.

This button becomes available as soon as you fill all information about your website!
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is pretty cool.

You could possible work on bringing up more rellevance to the stuff that you present. Right now when I click Media I get:

Предназначен для парсинга новостных лент, с последующим считыванием новостей. Поддерживает все форматы

Yeah, nothing against other languages but I don't understand that and should be given results in english (or possible Swedish)? Also why not let people upvote and downvote stuff, this could let people know what links are good according to visitors and witch ones are bad.
  • amy803891
  • amy803891

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job, i like the color schem and layout, but the login and register button is unavailable now. Is the website under construction?
  • aleks77
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • aleks77

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look nice and clean, but I think the site is not as catchy as it could be; too much blue and white.

Also, in the directory entries, the typo of the website name is exactly the same as the site description. This is confusing. Perhaps make it bold, or somehow that it is recognizable.

Good luck.
  • benek666
  • benek666

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite agree with aleks77, nice and celan but a bit wide and not as catchy, but for me direction is very good
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thx all for your reviewing and commenting! I will try to improve it as much as I can accroding to your advices. Well now there are 169 registered webstes from more than from 20 countries. I hope the process will go on! ). And I have also godd news that the website PR is 3 now )
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can be enhanced to a new StumbleUpon ? Whats your goal with www.fokebox.com? Frankly if i can not understand exactly then you should work on the design more that tells your target.
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I have made an important update! All registered users can review other websites. Post massages and later give personal rating!

rDolay wrote:
Can be enhanced to a new StumbleUpon ? Whats your goal with http://www.fokebox.com? Frankly if i can not understand exactly then you should work on the design more that tells your target.

There are some goals:
1) to let every website owner to be on the top of search queries
2) We build the world web map where all websites are displayed in the shape of small dots
3) Every registered user can review other websites: to post massages and give rating. and his/her website can be also reviewed
  • saudilawyers
  • saudilawyers

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the website needs some improvements.

the lay-out seems not okay when viewed under 1366x768 resolution. Lot of wasted space
  • snipercameron
  • Born
  • Born
  • snipercameron

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should figure out what language you are looking to target, or, if you are planning to allow many different languages, maybe have a drop down menu to be able to see post in a particular language. It looks a bit confusing when I come to the page and see english, french, russian and thai, I am confused as to what I am looking at. other than that, the site is attractive visually and layout wise.
  • rdurham
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just took a look at your website, and will probably add a couple of things to it.

At first glance there is an awful lot of white used as the main color of the website. There should be another color added along with the blue to areas where you want to eyes of your vistor to focus.

The header could use some work as well to enlarge your website name. In fact the area where sites are listed in general should have larger fonts throughout.

It does not appear that the blog is getting any attention from your members. You may want to post tips there for them that will help them in some ways that do not complete with what your website offers. Tips on how to improve the SEO of websites, and asking for feedback to the articles might help people start using the blog more.

Regards,
Ron
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

A new update has been done! Now you can see alexa traffic rank of all registered websites at discussion page!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers