SITE REVIEW: www.funkyfimo.com

• marsprobe
  • marsprobe

Post 3+ Months Ago

It' easy to be a judge and see what is wrong with other sites as I have done, but I have spent so long working on this site and so long staring at it, I have lost the ability to judge what is wrong with it (I know there are probably many things!) so would really welcome any feedback
It is a site for beaders to buy fimo clay products and beads and hopefully post their own beads for resale. Thats the plan....

http://www.funkyfimo.com

Thanks
Please be brutally honest!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see this in chrome:

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/funkyb.jpg/

Products, special offer... etc.. is "hidden" until I move the cursor over there. I note however that they become visible after I click them, but when I remove all browsing history they are gone again.

Many companies lets people contact them in more ways than Email (phone and such). I bet some prefer calling, I think you should give your customers that option and I believe it gives a better and more serious impression.
  • marsprobe
  • marsprobe

Post 3+ Months Ago

erghhh..... I changed the style sheet last night as someone said my html module for my side bar was not loading correctly in firefox. I forgot it would change the behaviour of the top navigation. flaming templates!
The phone contact and address is on the information page which I guess you couldnt select :)
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was a quick fix. The links show now! = )
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

marsprobe wrote:
The phone contact and address is on the information page which I guess you couldnt select :)

I could see that text, fortunately. I didn't read it that much tho.

But I think people expect to find the means to contact you (or your company) on the contact us page and not under info > Returns policy, maby they had other things in mind than returning something? Maby they want to contact before buying or have a question about the TOS or something else.

When the site has a contact us page, that is where I would first go to if I tried to find out their number. If the number wasn't there I would probably assume that the company has no number or at least don't have one on their site (as I assumed when I looked on your homepage).

If I was a buyer I would find that odd and depending on other impressions I might end up looking elsewhere. :|
  • marsprobe
  • marsprobe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point. Thanks for that. I have now put additional contact details on the contact page.
With regards to the home page, you think its better tucked somewhere on home page or put in footer so it would appear on all pages?
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is very nice how ever when click on products i get this...

http://funkyfimo.com/ /aproducts.aspx

i dont think the space should be in there.... does the site rely heavly on javascript.?
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

marsprobe wrote:
Good point. Thanks for that. I have now put additional contact details on the contact page.
With regards to the home page, you think its better tucked somewhere on home page or put in footer so it would appear on all pages?

I don't know to be honest. But I like what you did to the contact page, looks better now in my opinion!
  • mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to reply within 3 seconds because that's what people see right away. I didn't see any fima within the 3 second range. I saw a van. Maybe make the icon for the delivery something like one of the fima images with an arrow & deliver car [for example]. It is late here, btw, so maybe I'm moving too slow, but that's what I saw right away.

Tim

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers