SITE REVIEW: www.gcc.us - Learning the professional look

• Sweetpotatopie
  • Loc: Flint, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

SITE REVIEW: Garrett Consulting Company (http://www.gcc.us)

Please give me any constructive feedback you can. I'm looking for a colorscheme that fits the green and gold, but keeps it traditional looking. This is my first corporate site (my husband's company), and I am new to web design.

I know it looks bulky.

I am looking to streamline the navigation and make the graphics cleaner. We already plan on shortening the message on the main page and fixing the flash.

Any links to tutorials or otherwise will be appreciated. Thanks.

P. S. I know it needs graphics, too! :wink:
  • krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. On your flash, the Advance Quality Planning(left) and Product Verification(right) text, I must turn my head left and right to read it. Maybe you can use fade in - fade out text for the animation without turn visitor head.
2. I suggest reduce your image size and image navigation so the visitor not too long waiting loading your page. Use photoshop to reduce your image size.
3. Use alt tag for the image description

I think that's all for now :)
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

wooah !! The intro is in flash and rest in html? the intro was really impressive , but on reaching the site , i was sort of taken aback. The html site's layout is not impressive. The colours chosen are not bad , but the layout looks so haphazard. Add some dividing lines between them or something similar. Try to align everything and the buttons used on the site could be made much better.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with sana. The flash looks great, but the actual site could use some work. On larger resolutions (I'm using 1600x1200), the text stretches all the way to the right, while the top image is left aligned and short.

The contact information is centered, which means there's a lot of wasted space between the columns.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, you utilize different fonts on different pages. Pick one and stick with it, unless there is some important reason why you would need different fonts.
  • Sweetpotatopie
  • Loc: Flint, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks a million, you guys. that is very helpful and i'll surely consider it all. any more comments/tips are welcome.
  • SplitMedia
  • SplitMedia
  • Loc: Split-Media.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't like that navigation, to bold for my liking... And as far as the main text that looks really "scruffy" and none professional.. :\ try 12 pix arial font, looks the best for sites usually. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers