SITE REVIEW: www.giftig.se

• azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design, code.. what do you think?

http://www.giftig.se

Yes I know the site is in swedish, but hopefully some of you are from sweden and can understand it, and the rest of you can rewiev the code and the design, spam me with suggestions, be honest! if you think it suck, tell me!

tnx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow. looks great. Especially because the first time I loaded it it showed up without css and I was like: WTF?

I really like your idea. It is very original. haven`t seen a website that looks just like yours, or it is based on the same idea.

It loads relatively fast, and due to your css knowledge, which I can see from far away, you did a very good job! I think it is one of the greatest website I have seen around.

Keep in touch m8.
  • webagogo
  • webagogo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great! Valid XHTML.. but invalid CSS..

Maybe you should hide the filter from any browsers other than IE:

Code: [ Select ]
.post-text h2 { background:none; filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(enabled=true, sizingMethod=scale src='gfx/content_top.png'); }

?
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I am not mistaken, that filter will not interfere with other browsers.
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

the filter do not interfere with other browsers, that's right webia..
  • Gmarvz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site's design is pretty neat with those images.. and how they are presented.. i just don't like the stripe backround.. maybe it's just me.. lols
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it but only i dont like the background!
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, I can admit that I didnt spent alot of time finding the best bg, what I have now works, but can be improved.
  • Jump_hard
  • Jump_hard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change the color of the text or change the bg image because it's very hard to read the letters
  • webagogo
  • webagogo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know the filter doesn't interfere with other browsers!

I just thought you might care about this:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fkefirboys.com%2F&warning=1&profile=css21&usermedium=all

Guess not :roll:
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ye I checked that too... I ran another validator and it said no error... but I'll go trough it when I have some time off, alot of work now :) anyways, keep throwing opinions on me! gief more!
  • webagogo
  • webagogo

Post 3+ Months Ago

why don't you try our tool :P
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will, when I got the time to sit down, relax, and just do it.. :) does any1 have anything else to say about the site? have got like 10answers about the same issue :P
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site. Everything looks clean and is presented very well. You scandinavians always have such nice design skills. (I'm jealous).

One comment:

under your portfolio section, where you display your work. All of the pieces of work have Titles which seem to be links that don't go anywhere. I don't know if you were planning on doing something with it, but it was a little confusing at first when I was trying to see samples of your work by clicking on the title of the piece like 'ACOHUD' and it wouldn't go anywhere. Then I realized the link was below it. But I just thought that having the titles be links was a bit confusing.

Excellent site though.
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Chicago, IL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean and creative design almost new and original. It is just a bit extra wide. If you can cut the width to 800px. and/or center it. But a very nice to visit site, great photos. I would like to comment on the content, but I don't understand swedish. You will need a english version so it can be more universal and receive more hits.

Keep Up the Good Work!

cgfX
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merlyn wrote:
Very nice site. Everything looks clean and is presented very well. You scandinavians always have such nice design skills. (I'm jealous).

One comment:

under your portfolio section, where you display your work. All of the pieces of work have Titles which seem to be links that don't go anywhere. I don't know if you were planning on doing something with it, but it was a little confusing at first when I was trying to see samples of your work by clicking on the title of the piece like 'ACOHUD' and it wouldn't go anywhere. Then I realized the link was below it. But I just thought that having the titles be links was a bit confusing.

Excellent site though.

I dont rly understand what you mean, are you talking about the <h1> Title in black color at the top of each presented project?

The link is @ the bottom of the box and blue with a hover, to me it's very clear and easy, but always interesting to hear some1 else's opinion, hope u bother taking time to answer this and try to explain abit more so I get it :)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I do mean your <h1> titles presented in black at the top of each presented project.

They seem to be links that don't go anywhere. Maybe I'm just crazy.

The setup makes sense to me with the links in blue at the bottom of the box. But the <h1> titles seem to be links when in my opinion they dont' need to be. Unless you were planning on expanding or something in the future.

It was just a little nitpicky personal thing that I noticed. It's not something crucial that I think should be changed. I just felt it was worth mentioning.
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, now I get what you talking about, but I have a hard time seeing it that way, to me they look like titles, and there is no cursor change when u onmouseover them, anyways... I'll take a close look @ it and see if I can think of another suiting way of doing it
  • advango
  • Born
  • Born
  • advango

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, Its playful and interesting. I don't know swedish but I like the look.
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

tnx alot for all opinions.. anything else or are we set? :)
  • crazzyDemon
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design cool
  • Loureed
  • Loureed

Post 3+ Months Ago

azmo wrote:

Yes I know the site is in swedish, but hopefully some of you are from sweden and can understand it, and the rest of you can rewiev the code and the design, spam me with suggestions, be honest! if you think it suck, tell me!

tnx

It looks innovative, even i don't know language of your site...What is this site about?
  • dannyff
  • dannyff

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I am one of those who dislike the background, but everything else is great.
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loureed wrote:
azmo wrote:

tnx

It looks innovative, even i don't know language of your site...What is this site about?

:) It's just a personal site about myself, tells what design schools I went to and some work I've done... will prob get a new site up soon tho.. always get sick and tired of my pages very fast :P
  • tigerisbest
  • tigerisbest

Post 3+ Months Ago

• azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

tigerisbest wrote:

you aren't the first to mention my titles.. guess I seriously should look over them and change them so there wont be any more missunderstandings :)
  • halomovie
  • halomovie

Post 3+ Months Ago

clean, nice and flows well

:)

really not much for me to recommend here
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

halomovie wrote:
clean, nice and flows well

:)

really not much for me to recommend here

tnx alot :)

tho it's all in the eyes of the wiewer what they think, some ppl love it, other hates it. Gief more to work with!
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good layout. The background looks good, the snapshots look good. What more do you want? :wink:

Snoop1000
  • azmo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Snoop1000 wrote:
Very good layout. The background looks good, the snapshots look good. What more do you want? :wink:

Snoop1000

the world in my hand? :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 33 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers