SITE REVIEW: www.godsminute.com

• neuro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • neuro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review this site and give me any ideas on probems or making it better. http://www.godsminute.com

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RainMayYetCome
  • RainMayYetCome
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uhm..the text is really bright and hurts my wee eyes..
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must agree about the colors. Black text on white usually is best, but look at this forum!

On the main page I noticed the lack of space between the end of a sentence and the link: Click Here For Daily Devotions

Also on the Daily Devotions form there are text descriptions above each box, but on one of them it is showing an extra space betweent the description and text.

I would work on making everything nice, tight, and uniform.
  • neuro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • neuro

Post 3+ Months Ago

camp185 wrote:
I must agree about the colors. Black text on white usually is best, but look at this forum!

On the main page I noticed the lack of space between the end of a sentence and the link: Click Here For Daily Devotions

Also on the Daily Devotions form there are text descriptions above each box, but on one of them it is showing an extra space betweent the description and text.

I would work on making everything nice, tight, and uniform.

Thank you for seeing that.
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bit bright here also, but very simple and easy to move around site. On your home page Possibly as there is not that much text you could use the 100%x100% to make it to where there is no scrolling, make it fit to the page.

WC
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mainly, this site lacks polish. Particularly, the site's text.

The first stylistic error is in the second sentence, which reads, "Also through it you will find..." Your use of the pronoun, "it," is awkward. Just read that paragraph a few times. I'd recommend some alternate for the pronoun, such as "this website". Also, you should include a comma after "Also."

Generally speaking, on the Web, it's not a good idea to put the text "click here" in a hyperlink. I imagine that if you have visitors, some might visit this site via a cell phone or pda, where the idea of "clicking" is rather inaccurate. Additionally, that sentence happens to be missing a period.

You should put a comma after the phrase, "After all," in the second sentence of the second paragraph. Your final sentence is a bit off-kilter, too, because it says, "We also accept Prayer Requests" (emphasis obviously my own). You had not previously indicated accepting anything, so this phrasing seems a bit weird. You shouldn't put a comma after the word Requests, because the phrase following the comma does not contain a subject. (Alternately, you could keep the comma and add a subject to the second part of that sentence.)

You capitalize too much, too. "Prayer Requests," "Weekly Bible Study," and "Click Here For Daily Devotions" should not be capitalized as they are.

Fixing these grammatical errors and those on other pages would improve the quality of your website more than any design issues.

Don't use apostrophes in plurals. Also, I think you meant "Testimonials" instead of "Testimonies."

One thing about your site: Your navigation is a bit confusing. One good idea that you've implemented is that the navigation menu never has a hyperlink pointing to the current page. However, it then appears different every time. Instead of removing the current page from the navigation menu, just keep the text there in the location that it was, but give it a different color and make it non-hyperlinked. At least that is my suggestion.

Your 'testimonies' oddly replicate the same grammatical and vocabularic errors found on other parts of the site.
  • Bathory
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

not good :?
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its good to see the Holy spirit moving through people on the net. Possibly a more aggressive look to grab the young people. But very nice.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers