SITE REVIEW: www.gold-solutions.co.uk

• Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i had this site for quite a while, really i want to create an impression but no time to be honest.

I find the lack of text and just being straight up on what its about gives quick information. I got an email the other day that most people have pop up blockers and that could prevent the site from loading in the pop up, but thats why i created an open link on the main page.

Im thinking about remaking it, so it looks simple and has a client area so they can find out the progress of there designs etc...

Alot of design firms are also doing this which i find also is a good idea.

Anyway, please give me some good or nasty comments and ways to improve or if its good i just leave it as it is.

Thanks

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok I'm not getting a page here :( Tried turning off my Zone alarm but no dice... Any problems on anyone elses computer? Even clicked on the enter button....
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

on my site, not working? :|
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
on my site, not working?
Yeah just see the front page and cant go anywhere from there I'll give it a try in Netscape :arrow:
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

hm, i best remake the damn thing.
  • Market Stir
  • Market Stir

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it blocks it from being loaded. I get my popup blocker blocking your page. However i took off the blocker and the page looks very nice. The words could be a bit bigger for those that have problems with their eyes. I would suggest that the navigation bar be at the top. In my window at least i had to scroll down to get to the navigation bar. Usually that is not a good sign when you have to scroll down on every page in order to navigate through your website. So i think great site once i was able to get to it however the font is too small on the content pages and the navigation should be towards the top if possible. Great work. Keep it up!
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks market stir, i got to re create it now... damn spyware making people download pop up blockers, damn you!
  • philgill
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,
some worrying things about this site if you ask me. When you say that you are multimedia experts, what qualifications have you got?
Your english grammer is not good either. For proffesionals in the communications market you'll have to learn to write good copy with readable english.
As said above your text is too small and pure white against black maybe look good but it is the worst possible combination for legibility. Your whole site is dark and dingy....
No matter where on some pages i place the cursor it is a hand which most people will assume is a link. Why is that?
Your site does not provide me with nearlly enough information to trust you to do any work for me! More information and better detailing would improve the whole experience.
I hope i have not been too hard on you but these are serious issues you will have to consider. Think about your users.
I hope this will be of help.
phil
  • DownloadChest

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice but popups are not liked
just a thought
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know its a bad site. I had to put one up asap really because many people were asking when it would be up. The website is a rush, only reason why i asked for an opinion is because i wasnt too sure if i should really redesign it. (as in properly)... i am now creating plans for it.

phillgill i was thinking exactly the same, thanks for putting that towards me. Very helpful advice.

looks like i better redesign it.
  • philgill
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm glad my crit was of use. Sometimes you have to be hard to be kind. I'm also looking for good constructive crit for my new site http://www.echo-art.com and hope that people will be honest and constructive.
Good luck with the site
phil
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

If that is your final design then:

make the title tags more useful by putting maybe:

Code: [ Select ]
<title>Welcome to Echo-Art.com</title>

Its not good to have something like untitled document, we all know how that was made now. Also when a visitor minimizes a site, they would want to know which site is which. Its a way of identifying it.

I like the way the links are used, by using a hover effect that creates an underline. That is a good idea. But the colours surrouding it, are not so good.

behind the navigation titles use an image, maybe with a shadow effect?

The logo, needs to be on the side not in the middle. Make it a bit more smaller too... FONT LOOKS WICKED!

use soft colours and pastelly type colours.

This are just quick suggestions.... Maybe some arent good suggestion but hey, theres loads of more out there willing to give there advice.
  • philgill
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

what you are seeing is just a rough template idea. The final site will have much more detail etc. The titles will be added when i create a page from the template.
Our audience will mostly older people and the colour scheme has been chosen by a survey of nearly 100 of out target audience. I personally don't like the colours of the menu and side bars but our future clients do!! Our target is to make the site usable and pleasant to the older generation.
Also i'm trying to minimise all loading times as the finished pages will have lots of images on them (it is a gallery after all) and so i have avoided any graphics that i can but still, fair comment.
Other than the logo, which i think rocks, the site is all pastel colours??? What other areas are not pastel?
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments though. I really appreciate it when people take the time to let me know.
Phil

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers