SITE REVIEW: Www.GothicGreenWire.com

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all I am still working on this site but I want some reviews about it as far as in a profile website. And if there is anything that ya think that i should add please let me know and bty yes i did like 6 reviews about a hostins site, a photo image site, and a moveie site, and i have done others. But anyway its here

http://www.gothicgreenwire.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• cyfarian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cyfarian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! I think that the table border look is a bit reminiscent of the late 90s. I would remove either the table borders and / or the cell borders and use some colors to divide them instead. Also, I think that the logo needs some work. It is a bit hard to read especially towards the top of it and it just doesn't look finished. I would encourage adding one or two more colors to the mix. All in all, I think it is a bit flat looking. Good luck!
  • tigrrra
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: in front of the computer

Post 3+ Months Ago

box; box; box; make it more interesting or download a nice template
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

i understand that and i am going to be changing they layout of it soon
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Green is my favorite color, but IMHO it is a little harsh on my eyes with the black and white. Have the logo bigger, and stand out more. This should be the most important infomation on your site, the name of it. Good luck, it's a great start!
  • uzomaeze
  • Born
  • Born
  • uzomaeze
  • Loc: lagos nigeria

Post 3+ Months Ago

honestly if you're site were a devil i would stab it with a cross its too dark and no content to make me feel i'm wanted there try to loosen up the color mustn't be dark just keep up your work cheers
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

here what about this

http://www.gothicgreenwire.com/ggwnew/
  • JoeWall
  • Born
  • Born
  • JoeWall

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there
i like the new version. it has more 'punch' than the previous one. but the hover color on menu links is not right, green on green ?

i don't know what screen you have but it doesn't fit a 1024x768 resolution. i have a scrolling bar here.

i am not sure with the - - surrounding the menu links too. i would use a background image on each of these links to make them stand out.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

oo well i have a 1280X960 reolution and i want the links to go green on green.
  • rltek
  • rltek

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the new one better than the old one. But I think you need to adjust your table's width, I am using 1024x768 to view it and it need to be scrolled. Maybe change it to 980px is better.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

demonmaestro wrote:
here what about this

http://www.gothicgreenwire.com/ggwnew/

That is far superior to the first link. I was going to comment on the green myself. I love green but that shade you were using wasn't working on the black background at all.
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

very hard to read.. the white on black not a good combo at all.. It's a good starter site but if I were you i'd trash it and start over.
ON this tag:::: <table width="100%" height="50" border="1" class="Main">

change to:
<table width="100%" height="50" border="0" class="Main">
  • Fiky
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Fiky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very retro site I strongly suggest you get a template, or install a CMS like Joomla or Geeklog. At the moment looks very 90's.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would change times new roman to verdana, make the links lighter (cannot see them on the black backgound) and work a bit on those tables. i kinda see the margins (firefix) and it's not that pretty.

It's a good start. Keep up the good work
  • cyberoptik
  • cyberoptik
  • Loc: IL.USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with dojo, I would change the font to verdana for all text. The new template is much better. In the header graphic I would suggest you make the site title text larger because its hard to read at high res.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all check out the new updated site http://www.gothicgreenwire.com
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all kudos to you for coding your own site. Previous reviews suggest using a CMS like Joomla, Geeklog, blah blah. You've obviously put some time into this and you've probably learned more in the last month than you would using one of those things for a year! You may not have rounded tables for example, but at least you've got individuality! :salut:

Now time for a few comments and suggestions:

* Your hover effect is working in IE (6.0) but not in FF (1.5.0.6) - in FF turns dark green instantaneously, instead of fading across.

* It's just my own taste, but I would like to see the cursor change from a pointer to something else - some links don't have that hover effect so it is only when I see the status bar text appear that I realize a link is there at all (e.g. under "Recent Threats" in your third column)

* You have incorrectly spelled "resolution" ("resulation") on your index/welcome page.

* Your fonts are different in IE and FF (they feel completely different). I suggest you add a font-family to your CSS.

Good work
:beerchug:
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes its a ie site only... but yes it will work on ff but not well....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers