• Mythos
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Mythos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I would like a good site review on http://www.halo-center.com
And ofcourse also on the forums, http://forums.halo-center.com
Some people say that the banner is too big on the site, is it?
Others say that it doesn't look proffesional enough.
So if anyone would know a better geeklog template then please tell me where to get it (free:)).
I would also like a costum template though but that's a bit expensive I guess.
I guess their is enough content on the site.
Anyways, thanks for your review.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gloryninja
  • gloryninja

Post 3+ Months Ago

That site is wonderfull but the thing is yes your banner is abit to big plus kinda dark but its style and information is good and your forum banner is wonderfull but abit to bright. i also like what you got in your forum and your website yet you could make improvments. hmm if you want free custom made templates you could try http://www.zymic.com but those template you have to configure your self with html, but i like that site its wonderfull...
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

This thread has been un-locked. Reviews may resume!
  • e-zone4u
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site look nice, but the banner was too thick. The blue colour background in the content are not fit, try to remove the blue colour background and see the result.... :wink:
  • newforumonline
  • Born
  • Born
  • newforumonline
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, the banner/header is so big that I would think that on some small monitors it would occupy the whole screen and people will need to scroll to start looking at your website.
I don't think you want people to scroll as soon as they arrive at your site.....
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your main site is well layed out and contrasting colours makes the text easy to read.

Your news ticker at the top doesn't quite fit the width of the screen, you may need to set the table with to 100% and perhaps slow the speed a little.

Banner is a little on the large side but I don't think it looks un-profesional [ I think it may be the aliasing you can see on that view finder looking thing that has made people jump to that conclusion ]. Just shrink the height a bit and it will be fine.

Your links underneath your banner, are they supposed to be left aligned or did you want them centered ? Personaly I would center them but if left align is the look your going for then thats cool.

The content appears of decent quality, I don't own Halo or a x-Box for that matter yet I was still enticed to read some of your articles :)

You have two of the exact same sponsered links at the bottom of your page, replace one with an alternative.

As for your forum, really like the skin, but appears a little crowded with all the sub catagories. Perhaps look into combining a few.

Overall though I personal enjoyed viewing your site.

Good luck.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks very nice ( personally i like halo lol )

I was looking at the afilliates and i saw that two of the affiliates pictures were dead.... you should host the pictures then put them on there

and a way to make that affiliates box better is to make it so when a person puts their mouse over it that either the speed goes slower or comes to a complete stop

Also, The "sponsered links" box is wayyy too big and it might be my pc but instead of a picture it just has a little white box with
a red square a green circle and a blue triangle ...

on the top bar it says " no ads " twice so change that

same thing with afiliation

Like other people have said, The header picture is wayy too big cut the pixels down by half or a little less

the user functions is too low, if people come to ur site to register some people dont want to go to the bottom to do that

so just move that and trade places with latest topics or paypal donate

but other than that the site looks great and ill be coming here frequently to check on some of the info about xbox 2 and stuff

Great job !
  • Mattu
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just alittle thing I think would improve your design a tiny bit is that all your links, you have to hover over the text itself. You might consider using div's around your links and making the entire div box clickable so that way they can just roll the mouse up and down, not worrying about being over the text itself, since some words are shorter. It's really nothing that matters much, just alittle tip that cna make a big difference for some people.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geez big site the heading stood out alot and looked awsome buy the way. then as you get lower and lower into the site it looks really simple and basic.. what i am trying to say.. the site looks good and all and well good enough.. but if i was to make it better i would change the borders around the text under the heading. You have a cool looking border on the right hand side of the heading so use something like.

forums looks alot better than the site. but may i recomend something like have the same colors int he forum as the website or the other way around, because it would look atlot better.

-sycofi5h
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, in a way the banner is too big; but only in height. I don't like how there is a different colour box around the poll option circles. You used a different layout for the "Halo-3 in Production" I think that needs to be the same as the rest of those news boxes. There are too many topic and news boxes. I think you need to delete a few at the bottom. Nice website otherwise, I'm pretty sure I might join up one day. Keep up the good work mate!
  • angy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • angy

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site looks very gloomy, i dont like dark sites (just me)
i don't think the darkish yellow on your left navigation bar matches the site.
your past history messages expand down way too far making your site look akward.
your fourm is uber fantastic i have no complaints about that.
  • Myth000
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Myth000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok thanks all in advance, there is a new banner now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers