SITE REVIEW: www.holidayatulladulla.com.au

• akdiver
  • akdiver

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys this is my second website so please dont be too harsh.
I havent finished all the content but i think most of it is done. Any feedback will be welcome especially ny technical difficulties.

thanx

http://www.holidayatulladulla.com.au
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing that I noticed when I visited your site was that the banner image quality looked kinda crappy.

The second thing that I noticed as I scrolled down the page was the grey footer. To me, it looked out of place. I would continue the blue that you have in the nav into the footer.

The third thing that I noticed was that your navigation is not consistent as I go through your pages. I know I could just click home and then go to the page that I want, but I'm lazy, so I want all of my links right there. I would take the links that you add to the nav bar and move them into the content portion of the page so that you can keep the nav consistent. The links seem to go with what the content is about anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • americarx
  • Born
  • Born
  • americarx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
The navigation is easy but many links are blank. never keep any of your links blank and mor loading is very slow.

Thank you
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a really good effort for only your 2nd site!!!!, well done!!!, lots of info to be read, and nice pictures, keeps the pages interesting :) . Maybe just shrink the main image a bit to pull everything else up, and like the others said, try and keep your navigation bars consistent, maybe even try to look for drop-down menu navigation??, you can use CSS for that, but that would keep everything in order, and also make you be able to find any page from any pages navigation, if that makes sense!?? :roll: . good site tho!!, keep it up.
  • Mephistox
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mephistox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Long URL. I can't see anyone remembering this one. I've found that easy-to-remember url's lend themselves towards higher traffic, since you are not forced to bookmark it in order to visit it.

Some of the pictures look alittle blurry, I'd recommend taking replacement shots or using some kind of photo software to touch them up.

Otherwise, I think its a good site.
Nice job.
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My review:

1. The main nav mouseover is fast but boring.
2. The 'advertise here' banner is low quality.
3. You dont have a proper PHP contact script, only a mailto, which robots can find and spam. PM me if you would like me to install one.
4. Not enough information. Only like one thing on each page.
  • K22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: USA, Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with some of the others posts. But I also want to say that is one hell of a good job for your second website. I was impressed at how it resized nicely to fit different size screen resolutions. That is not an easy thing to do for a new guy.

I agree it needs a more finished look. That is something that will happen each morning as you sit at the pc and stare at the screen. Things will pop out at you that before you never noticed were marginal.

Making websites is a never-ending learning curve. I don't have the time nor paitence to get in the best of the best group.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers