SITE REVIEW: www.hypersyllogistic.com

• Space Goat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Space Goat
  • Loc: Washington, D.C.

Post 3+ Months Ago

About a month ago, I started a personal web site/blog called Hypersyllogistic (http://www.hypersyllogistic.com). I'm not trying to be fancy; I just want a simple and useable site.

I'd like advice as to how I can attract and retain visitors, as well as suggestions to increase the site's functionality. General thoughts and musings are also welcome.

Thanks. :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sannsar4
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Prishtina / Kosovo

Post 3+ Months Ago

its an simple website i like it but why you didnt match the forum logo withe the website logo , the forum logo its better
  • Space Goat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Space Goat

Post 3+ Months Ago

sannsar4 wrote:
its an simple website i like it but why you didnt match the forum logo withe the website logo , the forum logo its better

The .psd I used to create the forums logo came with the forums skin. It wouldn't be something I have the right to use on the site proper. :wink:

Thanks for the input. 8)
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your goal is to keep visitors coming back, you need to make a couple changes. First, your name is a bit complicated to type as a URL (I had to read it three times before I got it). Offer a bookmark link on your page for users to come back to. Second, you need more graphics to balance out the amount of text your have on your homepage or the user will be overwhelmed. You have a great patriotic theme and a smooth layout. Lastly, your forums should not open in a seperate window from your site because it will be seen as a popup.
As far as attracting visitors, try banner and link exchanges to boost your Google ranking and submit to as many search engines as you can think of. Well, that's all from me.
  • scyzoryk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • scyzoryk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the simplicity - the fact that it looks so Google-friendly, but one thing you can definitely take another stab at is the navigation menu on the left. It looks like an old DOS Menu from those old Apogee games like Crystal Caves. It would also be more visually appealing if you could align the left navigation bar with the "Mission Statement" bar.
  • Space Goat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Space Goat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
First, your name is a bit complicated to type as a URL (I had to read it three times before I got it). Offer a bookmark link on your page for users to come back to.

On the bottom of every page now appears a link saying, "Bookmark Hypersyllogistic." Clicking on it will bring up a dialogue for adding Hypersyllogistic to favorites, in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about.

Quote:
Second, you need more graphics to balance out the amount of text your have on your homepage or the user will be overwhelmed.

I was thinking about moving the "Mission Statement" text to a specific "About Hypersyllogistic" page, and putting polls in the upper left box on the index page. Might that help?

Quote:
Lastly, your forums should not open in a seperate window from your site because it will be seen as a popup.

I can see your point. But, since that would take users away from the navigational structure of the site, might that not confuse people?
  • steve218

Post 3+ Months Ago

very simple not eye catching
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the person above. The site serve's it's purpose but it's not eye catching.
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

simple do you mean ugly bold and somthing thats going to give me a seizure then u have succeeded and you should get an aword no im jk but its a little to bright for my liking or any one else
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

im sorry if i was a little mean there
  • Space Goat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Space Goat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've redone my site a fair bit, and I was wondering what people thought of the redesign. :)

URL: http://www.hypersyllogistic.com
  • Space Goat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Space Goat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've substantially redesigned Hypersyllogistic from the time I first posted this topic, and I've made quite a few alterations since I last replied to this thread. So, if the members here would be so kind, I request rereviews... or new reviews. :)

What I'd like to know:

1) Have I successfully addressed the criticisms of Hypersyllogistic people have made earlier in this thread?

2) Where does room for improvement still exist?

3) What is your general impression of Hypersyllogistic now?

4) Would you become a return visitor? Why or why not?

Thanks so much. :D
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you have a great concept, however, I would reconfigure the index page to include some type of explanation as to what the site is about. I understand that you have included an "about the site" tab, however, I think the index page is too confusing. A brief explanation on the home page will also help with your inclusion and rankings in the search engines.

That being said, you have undertaken a big project with allot of dynamic content...good for you! I'm afraid I didn't catch the 1st version so I'm unable to comment on the changes...but these are my thoughts on your site. :)

Good luck!
Staci

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers