SITE REVIEW: www.ilektroniks.com

• ilektroniks
  • ilektroniks
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.ilektroniks.com Supplying consumer electronics via internet.
Please review and respond
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, but I dont like it. The browse by categories menu is in the center(where the content should be) and for the black nav box...it needs rollovers.

And also the images you uses are the full images just resized....thus the took like 2-3 mins to load. Dont be lazy...make thumbnails...or make php script to make them.

Also the content area is too narrow. make it wider.

And there really is no color on your site... just white and yellow.

The site is really all over the place and unorganized looking.

And Im not sure how many errors there are because it has no !doctype.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top part and the bit on the bottom around the paypal thing down there stick out to the right, while the left side is nice and aligned. Cosmetically, it makes it look a little lop-sided. I'de like to see the whole thing a bit wider and not as long from top to bottom. Personally, I always hate having to scroll up and down lots just to find what I am looking for.

It appears that the "shopping cart" and "my account" links towards the top go to the same place, is this intentional? And with those links, someone might get lost because no matter which page you are on, the "home" link is always backed with yellow. It's nice eyecandy when the current page's link is different color than everything else, makes navigation easier too.

It might be a nice touch to have the "browse by categories" with sub categories. Like when I click on "security", it could take me to a page with a little bit of everything, then underneath that security category have a sub menu with stuff like cameras, monitors, alarms, lighting, and so on. That way it is a little more specific for your customers.
  • Tipp
  • Tipp

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is awfully cramped. I would use some more of the whitespace to the left and right of the content, and use the extra space to have two columns of "Featured Products" on the homepage because at the moment the list seems kind of squished in there in the middle. It's not really bad, though, just sort out the spacing issues and I think it will look just fine. Best of luck with it.
  • VeX92
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

its alrite
  • kwiatek
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

and I like it, I think there is a harmony, I mean all colors are match each other...
  • ultimatehandyman
  • ultimatehandyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like sites that do not utilise 100% of the screen. I have a 20 inch wide screen monitor and your home page fills about half of it and is in the middle.

Your Graphics do not seem to use the alt tag and so people that cannot see images do not know what should be there.

Some of the links on the right hand side, in the grey box do not stand out and don't really look like they are clickable.

But your site seems to function quite well!
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this site needs to become the full with of the page. Either that or put margins in so that it has a different color for the manages. The way it looks now as if the information and images is all over the place, but in the middle of the screen.

Good luck anyway.
  • ceripage
  • Born
  • Born
  • ceripage

Post 3+ Months Ago

The pr your website is 1, it's good, but it's hard to remember you domain.
  • jordan393
  • Born
  • Born
  • jordan393

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is to Ilektroniks.com

I dont know what kind of customer service your company has but I am not getting any satisfaction!!!!

I ordered a Nintendo wii in December 2007 and accidentally paid twice thru paypal. I have sent numerous emails and your company has assured me that I would have a refund check of $366.50 weeks ago. I have all the backup emails to prove this! Now when I email your customer service I am totally ignored!

FYI - I filed a complaint with the better business bureau in Alabama as well as Paypal (who ruled in my favor but your company conveniently has no money in their paypal account). I wont stop trying to get my refund and will give my review of your company wherever asked.

Work on getting ppl their refunds and doing the right thing before worrying on how your website looks!
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys
whats going on with the heading a placement of your sit have you checked how it appears in Firefox

have you considered having a manufacture section offering the manufacturer there own shop that way you can charge them for the privalage and start getting marketing funds from them ?
  • mrcountry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mrcountry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you know about browser compatibility?

If not, please tell your designer to make it compatible with every browser like Mozilla.
  • p7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • p7

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site looks o.k. with I.E.; but as mentioned before by mit there is way to much whitespace in Mozilla at the very top where people are going to be looking first. People also have to scroll down in Mozilla just to see what you have to sell. Having to scroll down to much is one of my pet peeves sorry. Also in Mozilla the far right hand column is to wide to fit nicely on the page. Some of the images in both browsers seem fuzzy to me as well. I also noticed with your specials that some of the products were not even marked down at all.
  • matview
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • matview
  • Loc: http://www.tedjob.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a very decent site. The only thing that I do not like is the logo. What you currently have looks more like an advertisement banner instead of a logo.
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Electronics is a great field to be in, obviously people use them lol. Your backlinks are fair, and I found a total of 71. I would consider looking for more targeted high traffic backlinks if you feel that your current website traffic is unsatisfactory.
  • silveraden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice domain..unique but related..
  • freder181
  • freder181

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Good
1. Text is resizeable
2. Text is simple and scans well
3. Breadcrumbs at the top of the page
4. Sensible window titles
5. Prominent search
6. The currency option is excellent
7. Social networking tie in is also a good idea

The Bad
1. Not compatible with Firefox
2. Clutter
3. Lack of white space

Your site has good elements, but it is also cluttered. There is so much information that I don't want to hang around and sort through it all. The user does not need to see what new or the specials multiple times on the same page. They also don't need to see the top countries. What exactly does that mean?

Conclusion
Cut out the clutter, and add some white space.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers