SITE REVIEW: www.israelispeculator.com

• israelispeculator
  • israelispeculator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it isn't a site, it's a blog. I'd like to hear you opinion of what vibe to you get from my blog. Does it look professional? Messy? Mind you I'm still working on it. It'll be mostly full of free informative trading and investing tips. The Key is free stuff.

Do you feel it offers any value to you? focusing of course the topic it covers, which is investing :)

Thanks to all.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks nice and simple - what one would expect from a blog. It is not overly cluttered (which is nice), and targets a clearly defined area.

I found the "Science is a belief" quote difficult to read - there needs to be more contract between the font color and the background.

I'm also a bit confused about the link structure underneath each article. It seems there's a link back to the article I just read, and then a number of unrelated links.

I don't think I would read the site, mainly because its name seems to imply some sort of political bias. I know that's not much of a reason, but I prefer to think that my news sources are more objective.
  • israelispeculator
  • israelispeculator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, very much appreciated!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

firstly, the link "Black & Scholes For Dummies - How To Do It Manually And With Excel" ... that rollover goes over the text at the top ... It bothers me ... Well okay I see it's all the headings with multiple lines ...

And also your logo image goes over the text (israelispaeculator.com) at the top, I'm using IE7 by the way ...

Okay please check the w3c markup valiator and try to fix the 160 errors in your markup ... ouch! http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... %2Fblog%2F

The page is very very long, isn't there a way you can shorten it a bit?
  • israelispeculator
  • israelispeculator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Working on it :)
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with RT on the page length, perhaps you should display only the latest 2 or 3 post on the first page. I also would look into a more transitional header (something thats smooth like the background and the blends into the page yet also contrast so it stands off of it) maybe something like this.

• israelispeculator
  • israelispeculator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm.. yeah that is a nice header CXL, but it is beyond me on how to make it nice like you just did :)
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry if I could have spelled correctly the first time you could have just used that one, but hey its right now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers