• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

the flash banner needs re-done: it's jumpy and should be a lot smoother if you want a professional look (especially if you want people to pay you to make websites with flash components). I would also recommed rethinking the dashed-border title box on the tutorial page. There are a few grammar/punctiuation mistakes on the first page - missing a full stop at the end of the first sentence, and "a sophisticated web application to meet special need, we can help you." doesn't make sense grammatically - should it be "a sophisticated web application to meet your special needs, we can help you."?

I know these are small problems, but if you're aiming to make a business out of your website it has to be as professional looking as possible, otherwise people will just go elsewhere.
  • tempodesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tempodesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you!
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the flash...looks like swish (which isn't a problem, i love it myself!), but noticeably swish (here lies the problem). even if it isn't, lol. basically, try switching your framerate from...im guessing 6? to somewhere around at LEAST 20. for smooth things like text based applications i usually use around 50-100, depending on the dimensions. i like the nav though; you should put a padding-right: 2-3px or so on the bar where it says your location.
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont see the flash banner at all? using ie am i the only one?
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yup, because its still there. its the animated thing in the top :D lol jk
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually i see nothing except a red outlined box
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, here goes a lot of critiquing:

First off, I am curious what editor did you use to design this page? I suggest you dump it and move on to hand-coding. I can tell that it isn't hand codeded because it is way to sloppy.

Second, take out most of the meta tags you have. They only penalize you on search engines anymore. Focus on Description, keywords, and robots. The rest serve no purpose in modern times.

Third, make sure all of your keywords are actually in the content of your page. If they aren't, google and other search engines will rank you lower.

Fourth, you have about 30 br tags at the bottom of your page, remove them. They are doing no good!

Fifth, use floating div's if you want to use div's. Do not position them statically because then people on lower resolutions must scroll around to find your site content!

Sixth, increase the size of your page and the font. If you really wanna get user friendly, set the fonts to be %'s instead of px's.

Seventh, Use more graphics! Your page is very wordy and you don't have really any graphics to break up all of the text.

Eighth, I wouldn't announce that you outsource.

Ninth, MORE CONTENT! If you don't have a portfolio, don't put a link to one! Show your pages full of good content!

Tenth, use CSS to align/indent your paragraphs, not margins on paragraph tags!
  • tempodesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tempodesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello!
i made some major changes at my website
please tell me an opinion
VALENTIN
  • tempodesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tempodesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't want to review?at least rate it: :shock: from 1 to 10! thanks !
Sincerely,
Valentin http://www.itsource.ro
  • Syber
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should run it through this http://validator.w3.org/

it will help you make it W3C
  • tempodesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tempodesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello friends !thank you for all your usefull reviews .as you see i try to do
  • yanuart
  • yanuart

Post 3+ Months Ago

well.. you got it allright ! It looks professional enough for me. I always like a clear n clean design but that's just my .02$
  • implix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • implix
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would ditch the traffic ranking banner at the
top and work on the top header image (I don't
think enough is "happening" there. Nice site,
though.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Certainly not a bad site. Not bad at all. More content is a must. You'll have to spice the flash up a bit though. That is if you intend to keep using flash on it. Personally I don't really like flash sites that promote content. Especially not if the design is suppose to be simple. Anyway, overall I'd give it a 7/10. Build on it a bit and it'll definately get an 8 or a 9. 8)
  • GamingHybrid
  • GamingHybrid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately I have not installed Flash Player For Mozilla Firefox but from what I can see it looks very proffesional.

GOD BLESS
  • tempodesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tempodesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your reviews.Sure , more content will be added to site soon , i just focused on design part.Personally i like the flash banner , it is simple , not very complicated ..but i'll consider your advices and i'll try to make some changes .
Thanks !
  • freelancewell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • freelancewell

Post 3+ Months Ago

the sites looks professional .

It invites user to use your services .

chad
http://www.freelancewell.com
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's funny, every man and his dog thinks they can develop websites for a business. My opinion - unless your can offer results that excel in both coding and design, then you'll merely get stuck in the quagmire of the ultra-competitive web dev industry.

But Kudos to you for having a go.

As for your site - its clean, has a nice layout and is bordering on a nice professional look.

A few tips:

1) The 'our services include' section - the blue font matches up awkwardly with the white background, its too hard on the eyes.

2) The resources section seems unfinished. More precisely, there are NO resources. You need a stack-load of content here or at least link to some top-notch resource sites (OZZU.com would be good for starters).

3) Ditto for your Tutorials section.

4)
Quote:
We build modular and easy to maintain web sites using technologies such as PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS,XML,XSLT and FlashMx

Well how about putting together and promoting some basic packages?

Eg, Simple HTML personal site, Basic Business site, Advanced E-Commerce site, etc. People love to see the kind of value their getting for their money. Moreover, they want information and such packages would educate your customers immediately. In essence, you need a more concrete strategy and lots more content.

In all, your site is like Swiss cheese - full of holes. Plug them up and you might have a Double Brine or Camembert on your hands.

PS....Truce made some good suggestion in his post so I'd seriously start with them.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is nice. I viewed it in both FF & IE, IE it displayed properly but since I don't have flash yet installed on FF I couldn't see the animations. I did notice that in FF your "home" button isn't aligned properly with the rest of the navbar.

Also your navbar is jumpy in FF

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers