SITE REVIEW: www.kerala-re.com

• keralare
  • keralare

Post 3+ Months Ago

We, Thayyil Business Solution has launched the complete real estate solution for kerala in 2006. Kerala-re.com is an online real estate property advertisement website which offers FREE realestate property advertisement and real estate property searches for its users.

We appreciate your input and comments to make our site better to our users.

http://www.kerala-re.com
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Muhammed,

I had a look at your site and please don't take offence but it is horrendous. I think there is way, way too much information on the homepage. It is overpowering and I found my eyes wandering all over the screen and nothing jumped out at me at all.

I would suggest that you strip out most of the properties from the homepage, have maybe 2 or 3 sample properties. Tell the viewer more about your company, exactly what you do.

I hate it when banner ads are placed all over the place on someones homepage. Muhammed the homepage is about your company and I feel you are detracting from your own company by having all the ad banners.

I did not get the feel for any distinctive brand for your company from the homepage. This is the kind of page that I would leave within seconds of visiting.

Please take this constructively.
  • xeonkar007
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool tips.. here but still the site is highly conjested..
  • kbergmann
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey keralare,

I do not mean to be harsh, as I am no expert ... but this is a cluttered mess.

I first saw the banner ad for gotmerch.com in the upper right and then it took me a minute to find the links in the upper left corner. Could these be enlarged and repositioned?

I agree with kalvi and xeonkar ... too conjested.

At first glance I would say:

1. Perhaps a centered title or title in the same place and a search box in the upper right? Maybe a more prominent banner?

2. Show the two big sellers of the properties with the most pictures and most appealing areas on the home page with "about us" type information.

3. Shrink up the ads on the right side so if they MUST be there, it is only one column.

4. I personally would not have the latest properties on the front page if they are imageless .... those would be great for the first two or three if you had images and the rest under proper sections.

5. Why the split main column and two full right columns? This could be cleaned up to one main column and one right.

I would say overall alot of clean up and redistributing your information would aide you alot.

On the Internals ...

I notice you used some CSS but your structure could be CSS based and use tables for tabular data. I am learning CSS myself and it is hard, to get the design end down but very gratifying the more you learn.

Looking at this I would say you have some work ahead of you and I would gladly offer further analysis of your site once it has changed up a bit. I am currently redoing my sites that are table based once I get CSS down a bit more I have found plenty of references online ... google is my best friend :)

Best of luck!
  • briteguy1227
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • briteguy1227
  • Loc: Seattle, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You also need a search box so that user can easily find stuff on your site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers