SITE REVIEW: www.kgreene.com

• ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings, yall.
I finally put my self-promotion site online, and I'd like some feedback. Some of it isn't there yet, but most of it is.
Please check it out and give me your feedback, complaints, criticisms, etc.

http://www.kgreene.com

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its full of colour ! I think you should change the font used on the header and if the header was blue too , it would have looked much better. I like your navigation , really cool. Your page with personal details crosses the layout.. fix that , make the box extendable..OTherwise , the layout look good.
  • robinh4
  • robinh4

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the colours you chose for your site!!! The font in the header is cool looking but maybe try a different font since you can't tell what the word “Com” is, it looks like an “A” instead of an “O.” Your welcome note is really good and has a lot of detail. Overall I think your website is pretty cool.
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Nice. fix that minor problem and u won't have any real work to do on this site.
  • PremTech
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PremTech
  • Loc: Toowoomba Queensland Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there

Great to see you are using CSS for layout... excellent...overall it looks like it might be fairly well accessible and is quite easy on the eyes...

One question though ...why are you using sessions? are you going to have a shopping cart or some form of membership?

If you dont need them I wouldnt use them....

Overall quite good

Cheers
  • rtptucks
  • Born
  • Born
  • rtptucks
  • Loc: Lincoln, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

if i am honest with you, i dont particually like the site, and the logo, i think you should make take a different design approach!
  • brasky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Moncton, NB

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colour, style and header font all conjour up images of an old Buick from the '50's. I would elaborate a little on that theme but not too much so that the site remains uncluttered, maybe change the blue used to more of a pastel blue. The menu is easy to see and you font choice is nice and easy on the eyes. I like sites simple and with a purpose.
  • Spoorzoeker
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

A newbie mistake:

if you have a page which isn't already there, don't mentioned it in your site!.

NO under construction or whatsoever.

Remove those links and place it back when it's finished. :D
  • SplitMedia
  • SplitMedia
  • Loc: Split-Media.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that banner needs some help, as far as the text goes, and some of the color. And on your main area, and your left navigation you should use 12 pix arial font, looks cleaner. But overall good job.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry it took so long to get back to the comments. Kinda forgot I posted this, and have been busy with other stuff (like trying to find a job)

Sana: I'm pretty sure I fixed the overrun issue.

Robinh4: Thanks for the feedback. The concensus seems to be that the logo doesn't quite cut it. I'll work on it when I get time :)

PremTech: Thanks. On the sessions thing, I'm used to developing eCommerce sites, so they are kind of a habit for me :) I *think* I got rid of them except for where they are needed (the World Map page)

rtptucks: To each his own :)

Brasky: That was kinda what I was going for. The original design I had used checkered flags, and airbrushed flames and chrome pipes, and it got so I didn't like it any more, so I redesigned it. I may redo the logo in chrome. I like chrome a lot.

Spoorzoeker: I know ALL ABOUT the no "under construction page" rule, but this was a "I have to get it up quick" type thing, and didn't figure many people would actually view it, so I threw them in to help me remember what I left out. I'm currently working on the remaining pages.

SplitMedia: Actually, in the menu and content areas I use 14px Verdana that falls back to Arial, Helvetica and Sans-Serif for systems that don't have Verdana. And I'm going to do a new logo :)

Thanks all for your feedback
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

not a fan myself
  • Quasimotor
  • Quasimotor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I very much like the background images, again it gives the site a 50's diner feel. The colors I personally don't care for, but I am not good with colors personally. The .com is very hard to read in the banner, and the text doesn't stand out like I would expect. Other than that, very nice site.
Jim
  • fire_lady
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fire_lady

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design doesnt match your content try to change it to something more exciting.

Nice projects...

Good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers