SITE REVIEW: www.kroobe.com

• salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently started this web site : www.kroobe.com
I am curious what you guys and gals think about the UI and usability, and the workflow.
is it intuitive? would you wanna use it?
the idea is for it to be a one stop shop no matter what login system you have. You can post listings and share them across your platform or if you choose , you can just have them available for other users to view ( without exposing the listing to your network)
contact information remains private and I have also incorporated google map in the mix.
for now login is limited to Facebook , Twitter , Linkedin and Kroobe but will soon have open ID , google ID and yahoo ID.
Any ideas how the site can be improved?
Thank you for your feedback
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sterweber

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great, not much to add maybe the rollovers should appear immediately instead after a click?
  • hervens
  • hervens
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I love the design.
There's nothing to add from that point of view.

Your website is the definition of web 2.0
  • flashfango

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is a nice website! i like the color very much!
  • yveslorenzo
  • yveslorenzo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will say your site is extremely great

Design is incredible

The Features are all great

Most importantly the idea is one of a kind

Well secured,kroobe deserve the Mashable Award

All you need now is promoting the site.

Goodluck
  • luccire
  • Born
  • Born
  • luccire

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks just great and items look well placed and professional. Maybe the smallest fonts could be a slightly bigger and the contrast greater in central picture's white words vs its background.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sterweber wrote:
Looks great, not much to add maybe the rollovers should appear immediately instead after a click?

this. it bugs me that I have to click on a menu to get to the submenus. I've been spoiled by the interwebz :D

Also the overall look of the main page is slightly generic somehow, coming to the page I had no clear idea where to look first or what I could do there. Otherwise it looks nice :D
  • paofu1985
  • Born
  • Born
  • paofu1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally speaking
It just so so
I am not very interesting in it.
  • salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you guys for the great feedback. I really appreciate hearing your input and i take very seriously.
When it comes to the Navigation menu, it is not activated by rollover action simply because this is not optimized in the case of using a touch based interface such like on the ipad and others.

the other thing is that i am curious about if anyone has a suggestion as to how improve the reliability of the listings on Kroobe. So far the review and flagging systems should help. I also limit posting so that duplicates are not allowed.

any other ideas are most welcome :)
  • webxperts
  • Born
  • Born
  • webxperts
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks great and everything in site look well placed and proficient.
just you need to work on its fonts size...
  • Socialent
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: East Tennessee

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks nice
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Salmane,

I have a view pretty much in the middle, here. Some say they love it, some find it uninteresting/generic.

It is a well planned layout, however I think you need to pay more attention to the design of certain elements on your page. The lack of personalisation/oomph leads me to feel that this website, and by extension your company/service, is very generic and not special in any way.

For example, your logo. It is not very expressive about your brand/service at all, and worst of all people don't notice it. My eyes went straight to the big blue box without taking in even the name of the brand. Logos need to be simple, eye-catching and effective whilst saying as much about your brand/company as it can.

Secondly, the big blue box ... while it does do it's job by attracting attention it doesn't really have enough information or the information is not well displayed. You should include your brand's name in the H1 element rather than the H2 element.

Other information that should readily be available include: (1) Does it use or collect the personal information from the social network profiles of the users, (2) How exactly it works, (3) What are the advantages of using this service instead of, say, just manually posting to each service (for example, posting multiple classifieds, posting to all social networks available with one click, etc), and (4) contact information should be more prominently displayed (rather than just in the footer of each page).

I also agree with the others that an extra click shouldn't be necessary if it's avoidable. You should aim to have the most information/content available to any user with the minimum amount of clicks possible ... aim for three or less, but one or two is better.

You should also change Linkedin to LinkedIn. Typesetting is important ... (and why aren't the names of the social networks links?).

Expanding on your meta keywords and description would also be beneficial.
  • salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Again everyone for the feedback be it positive , negative or neutral. I really appreciate you taking the time do so.

Breeze: I agree with what you have pointed out. The logo could be more visible and perhaps the information in the blue box is not specific enough.

my thought was this: the blue box is to attract attention to the headlines mostly, once the visitor finds out what the site is about , he or she would naturally ( perhaps) scroll down to read more.

You made very good points as to why there was not much focus on how Kroobe uses Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn that's something I will amend for sure.

I will also try to make the Logo pop more. It was one of my first stabs at it. Creativity can not be learned I found out :) :) I will go back to the drawing board on that one too. The idea behind it is that Kroobe is like having a sign online. Ok..perhaps not my proudest moment I agree :)

I guess i need to also portray more that Kroobe is about reliability and ethics. (which is why I dont have a personal ads section...too much abuse goes on there ). Kroobe does not aim at collecting data, that is not what we're in business for , but we try to make classifieds more reliable so we need a bare minimum that we do not share or sell..... you are right, though I should be more clear about that message :)

thanks again for taking the time for the review :)

Have a great day!
  • mylittlehouse
  • Born
  • Born
  • mylittlehouse

Post 3+ Months Ago

salmane wrote:
I recently started this web site : http://www.kroobe.com
I am curious what you guys and gals think about the UI and usability, and the workflow.
is it intuitive? would you wanna use it?
the idea is for it to be a one stop shop no matter what login system you have. You can post listings and share them across your platform or if you choose , you can just have them available for other users to view ( without exposing the listing to your network)
contact information remains private and I have also incorporated google map in the mix.
for now login is limited to Facebook , Twitter , Linkedin and Kroobe but will soon have open ID , google ID and yahoo ID.
Any ideas how the site can be improved?
Thank you for your feedback

Very nice design
  • danyald
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • danyald

Post 3+ Months Ago

really great!!
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because you are asking your potential users to change their behaviour the value proposition has to be extremely obvious and I'm not sure that it is. For starters I would look very carefully at this sentence:

"Kroobe is the best way to do online classifieds!"

Think about replacing it with something more concrete rather than the usual "we sell the best widget" kind of copy that you see all over the internet.

I really like the "here is why you will love Kroobe" section. It's a small point but I would re-word this title to something a little less formal like: Here's why you'll love Kroobe" or "Why you'll love Kroobe"

The positioning of the FAIR fund info is a little curious to me. Unless your mandate is more to further the cause than to sell your idea it makes no sense to position the FAIR fund stuff smack dab in the middle of your home page. This is a footer item at best. At very least you should flip-flop the "Why you'll love Kroobe" with the FAIR fund stuff.
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it overall, I noticed though that you need to fix the login sign up link. Right now it says "login / Sign Up".
  • salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bluedragon: I am not sure what you mean with the link needing to be fixed? could you please be more specific.
thank you :)
  • watson lee
  • watson lee

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow. such a lovely site. first impression is very good. all i want is to give a short description of your site on the home page. i mean what is the purpose of your website and how it can be good for the masses. and the drop menu appears when we click on it. it will be nice if it appears by simply putting the cursor on it, as it is the normal practice. all the best
  • joekion77
  • Born
  • Born
  • joekion77

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website is very nice and I can honestly say I dont see anything that needs improving upon. Great job!
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

joekion77 wrote:
The website is very nice and I can honestly say I dont see anything that needs improving upon. Great job!

dear joekion77, please write some qualities that you liked about this site! your post is TOO generic.
  • advanceflash
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • advanceflash

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is pretty much perfect. Web 2.0 look that matches the content, everything is spaced out well, nice icons.

Top job!
  • octavian
  • octavian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good, you may want to focus only on a few essential features for the front-page. As far as I'm concerned you've lost me at "Keep your e-mail private" :)
  • mshuong
  • mshuong

Post 3+ Months Ago

feature website, I love your site and make to homepage.
  • wulaishiwo
  • wulaishiwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

very simple design, but clean and good looking
  • khbasha
  • khbasha

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.kroobe.com/ site looks good but I see all the image http request has 3 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 47 days ago

Hi! salmane Just now I have seen your website it is really mind blowing and I am stunned on seeing the design of your website. It is really attractive and makes the users very attractive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers