SITE REVIEW: www.lcrhosting.com

• thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I have just completed my webhosting company site. I want as much input as possible, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Please let me know if u see any spelling errors - i know thats a big turnoff.

http://www.lcrhosting.com

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bobbo171
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Bobbo171

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice, I liked the colors you chose, its nicely laid out easy to navigate overall you did a good job. Now you get to hear about the things i dont like about it. The site kinda just ends to the sides, it just looks like it was cut off, but not a big deal. The login button under all the text fields has a line from the background going through it, I think it would look less....bleg...if that was positioned all the way above or below it. I also dont like at the bottom there seems to be a purple strip with a grey line under it repeated like four times, its not all that appealing. Other than that, it looks quite nice
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it looks like a template but that's fine (i used a template on my site). your prices are looking very under priced (might seem unprofessional) and having a forum with no posts seems unprofessional. other then that it looks good.
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well im gonna keep the prices because thats what keeps me competitive, however how do you think i should fix-up the forum?; im new so my customers havent used it yet
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe give them some incentives to use the forums?
  • dprichard
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Clearwater Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may want to add web hosting to your titles or some meta data like a site description for the search engines to chew on. You may also want to add a robots.txt file for the search engines. I agree that it does look like a template, but I like the looks of most templates.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that hit me as I was checking it out is the top image.

"High Quality and Low Prices" is getting lost, especially the first two words.

And, as I really look closely at the image (and this may be because I am on a labtop) but it appears to be having quality issues...i can see some pixelization occurring....which brings a bad read - a low quality image that as the words High Quality on it.....

Something about the psyche there that doesn't mix for me. :?

Other than that, I get corporate feel for the site - which is something I think your trying to get, so that's successful.
  • azza132
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • azza132
  • Loc: U.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout i like the texture of your background and the colour use of your text well done :D
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmmm, a hosting co that doesn't use blue as the main color. What a novel idea :wink: I like it!
  • tbase
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would straighten the features page up a little bit..But I think the rest is neat and clean :D
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

how would u suggest i straighten up the features page?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

thecodman wrote:
how would u suggest i straighten up the features page?

a seperate page for the standard features maybe, and another for the fantastico features...
maybe have them as a java popup box.

the image at the top seems to have been exported as a gif with no dithering. which makes the image look bad and distorted. same with the menu bar.

the "Enter your e-mail:" is in the "Times New Roman" Font, perhaps change that to the Verdana font used as the other text

the image "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed" thats pixelated too.

The site itself seems to have no edges, stated by Bobbo171, a nice 1 pixel border will do ;)

nothing bad about the site, but slight improvements which will make it that bit more professional.
  • mikey132
  • mikey132
  • Loc: On the bog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty descent site. Not sure about the dots in the background it would look really gud if you put more of that orangey colour that you have behind the logo all around the side instead of the dots but that aside great site.
  • phatgalaxy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • phatgalaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the layout. mm I think i have seen the picture of the girl on the laptop some place else.. I know i saw it while i was looking around for a hosting company for myself.. Did u get it from yahoo? If so thats a bozo-no-no. Looks like a good site allong with a good companyl. 2 dollar hosting huh.. nuts.. I didnt see a site map, if u dont have one may be a good idea.- jeff

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers