SITE REVIEW: www.lets-yada-yada-yada.com

• kofoid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kofoid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there.

I would love some feedback on my site as far as SEO stuff goes. Feel free to comment on anything else, I can take it! :wink:

Yada Yada Yada is a parenting message board where moms and dads can come and talk about TTC (trying to conceive), Babies, Toddlers, Pregnancy and anything else having to do with kids. We also have a general chat area, debate, beauty, fitness, etc. The board is semi-locked down due to all of the children's pictures. Believe it or not people have been known to steal the pictures to use as their own and pose to be parents :shock:

Anyway the site is http://www.lets-yada-yada-yada.com

I look forward to your comments.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kofoid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kofoid

Post 3+ Months Ago

No one?
  • Katmandu
  • Student
  • Student
  • Katmandu
  • Loc: Spain, Mallorca

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it's a forum and it looks nice. Don't know what else to say about it. It's just fine. Regarding SEO I'm not an expert so cannot judge on this.
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra

Post 3+ Months Ago

TOTALLY AGAINST THE ICONS
i found it unexcepted to have an icon of a glass (may refer to alchohol) in a forum about family matters, pregnancy, ... etc
the logo of white (yoda ..) on a light green yellow background is totally invisible
as for SEO: i think you did a good job because it has 3/10 PR and it's just a new born
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't say I'm "against" the icons. I'm guessing the significance of the martini glass is "chatting over cocktails" (that's "drinks" in case the profanity filter kicks in). Its presence creates kind of a casual atmosphere, which complements your domain name perfectly, and certainly encourages openness among members.

However... =]

Although I don't find the martini glass offensive in any way, I might find it a little misleading. Honestly, on a forum about parenting, I'd expect to see baby-related stuff. Y'know, nappies, pacifiers, baby monitors, little rubber duckies and teddy bears, dollar bills for the money the parents will no longer have, etc. =]

Another thing. Your target demographics include pregnant women. The martini glass will remind some of them, every time they visit, of what they cannot have. And it may remind others of the nausea they experience daily without the night of drunken hilarity that usually precedes it, and frequently makes it worthwhile. =]

- Gita
  • paqizeuk
  • paqizeuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

why dont you change the martini glasses over somthing different, mabey somthing regular would do it, such as a tick, or box with a tick to show dere's a new post there or an unchecked box to show no recent posts.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers