SITE REVIEW: www.liliaberzon.com - Fashion Design Site

• lentik
  • lentik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just finished helping my freind with her new website! It's my first and the only one I ever did. I new nothing about website design untill two month ago... and do need your feedback and comments. I used Microsoft FrontPage to put it together and Dreamweaver MX for the flash...
Thanks to all,

Leo

here is the link to it: http://www.liliaberzon.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kudos to you for a first website! Nice job!

And here what I would add / change:

1) In the CONTACT page, add a form so users don't need to use hotmail, Outlook or other programs to leave a message.
2) This you should do URGENTLY: All the titles of the pages are like "New Page 1"...
3) On the BIOGRAPHY page, use a color photo. It contrasts too much with all the rest of the site's pictures...
4) On the main page, when you hover above the links around the flash circle, the mouse jerk too much. Add a transparent button behind the words, so that the links can be clicked even if the mouse pointer is between two letters...
  • lentik
  • lentik

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much for your comments Abelius!
I will start making changes tonight....
Leo
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, AWESOME site for your first attempt at web design. Its something you should definitely be proud of. My first suggestion, on the index page, the "Elegant Sexy Unique" image doesnt look quite as sharp as the other text images on the site, seems a tad blurred. Its a small thing, but something I noticed quickly.

Looking at the other pages, the menu text size may be too big. I'm on a high resolution and they appear big. I just reduced my resolution and not only is the menu text really big, but I got the horziontal scroll bar, which means your site doesnt adapt to various screen sizes. Thats something you should try and fix. Also the font for the "Bridal Evening Ready-to-Wear" links at the top changed from the main page, I would keep them the same to keep the site consistent, plus it would probably look better.

I'd say the rest of your site is good. You may benefit from putting a footer at the bottom of each page to create a nice finished look. This is a really good effort and I think your site reflects the business very professionally.
  • morphine
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morphine
  • Loc: Pennslyvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Abelius wrote:
Kudos to you for a first website! Nice job!

And here what I would add / change:

1) In the CONTACT page, add a form so users don't need to use hotmail, Outlook or other programs to leave a message.
2) This you should do URGENTLY: All the titles of the pages are like "New Page 1"...
3) On the BIOGRAPHY page, use a color photo. It contrasts too much with all the rest of the site's pictures...
4) On the main page, when you hover above the links around the flash circle, the mouse jerk too much. Add a transparent button behind the words, so that the links can be clicked even if the mouse pointer is between two letters...

You Should add the coment box or somthing!

Nice Job!
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love how I clicked your link open in Firefox, and recieved a blank page with a light purple bar going down the right side; and that was ALL I got.

That's just great.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

please include a preloader for the flash so it's obvious that there is something really on the page. looks pretty nice :)
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got nothing....just a blank light purple screen also.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

wait for it to load, if you don't have a fast connection, it'll take forever. Also, it requires [blur]flash[/blur] to be installed so, that could be a problem. It works great, but, needs some work on the loading so people don't leave before anything happens. Also, it's generally a good idea to say somewhere that visitors need flash because a select few people still don't have it.
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I will NOT wait for it to load. It is way way way way WAY too slow. If I were interested in that site, I'd leave after thirty seconds...maybe a minute if I were generous.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

conorific wrote:
No, I will NOT wait for it to load. It is way way way way WAY too slow. If I were interested in that site, I'd leave after thirty seconds...maybe a minute if I were generous.

it def. wasn't over 30 seconds for me. but.. I have a 3mbps connection..
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

And a lot still don't, a lot of people have dial-up or DSL. It's only just under half that have broadband. Thirty seconds is still too long.
  • o[tter]
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Seattle, WA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, this is an amazing effort for a first website. It's probably the first site I've ever seen with continuous animation on the main page that I haven't immediately closed--it actually works well here.

Some problems I had (I use firefox):

The left navigation looks a bit high, so do the links at the top.
On the Press page, the image looks horribly grainy compared to the rest.
The "More >>" links are overlapping the text.

Oh, and I would leave the black and white picture on the biography page if that is Lilia herself. I got the impression that since it was black and white, it must be her and not a model. If it is just another model, then I would change it to colour.[/url]
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is a way to make the loop of pictures loop more fluently too, just play around with it and you'll get it.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall it looks very good. esp when its yr first try
:-) I find that the background lilia berzon pulls down the standards of the site. remove it and it will look nicer.. Just my 2 cents!!
  • anfann
  • anfann

Post 3+ Months Ago

good page really
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

NOt bad for a first. Far better than my first try. Good for you but you've gotta work on your loading time and your graphics need some work but good try/
  • 4NNie
  • 4NNie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should change the text in navigation. It's look a bit boring. Anyway, good site!
  • lentik
  • lentik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to thank all of you for the input!!!!!! I will work on improving this site in the near future...
Thanks again,

LT
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a high-speed connection, so I might be biased, but the images on the index.html move quite fast. I suggest slowing them down a bit. Or even making a snapshot effect! Nice work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers