SITE REVIEW: www.mathphys.com

• mathphys.com
  • mathphys.com
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my site: Mathphys.com. I just started it a couple weeks ago and would really appreciate any advice you have. Also, if you enjoy the subject matter please feel free to join the forums.

Mike
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the amount of info on math and science you go into but you definitely need to work on the design. :D
  • mathphys.com
  • mathphys.com
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for checking out the site. What suggestions do you have design wise? I tried going the CSS route with absolue positioning abut I have issues when the window is resized. Is there any easier way to get everything structured properly without being a coding-wizard?

Mike
  • bjhess
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Owatonna, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

This looks like the perfect site to make use of glish.com's css templates. Unfortunately the site must be down right now, because I can't get there to get you a link. Basically it will help you with a good three-column css layout. It's wonderful.

I have real problems with the pop-up navigation on the left. I can't even access several of the links because there are so many of them they go off the bottom of my screen.

Getting the three columns tops aligned would be great.

As for the advertising, the Amazon banner seems fairly loud. Don't know what you can do about that. Maybe you could also customize the Google banner to fit in more with your site (especially modifying the background color).

You may also want to tighten the site width by 30-40 pixels so it can truly display on a 800x600, full screen, browser.

Good luck ... lots of good info out there!
  • sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Content wise your site seems to be very descriptive and informative though the design could be improved significantly with out to much effort. You could put the ads banners at the top and bottem of each page. They would then infringe less on the actual site. By doing this you could then possibly widen out the main content block so your site seems less empty when scrolling down large bits of text. As bjhess said that navigation menu should definitly be fixed as many of the links are off screen which limits the users selection. :)
  • emitind.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: england

Post 3+ Months Ago

images arnt comming up
  • bjhess
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Owatonna, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are some CSS layout examples: