SITE REVIEW: www.mawoosh.com

• mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen
  • Loc: Tokyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey people,

I'm looking for comments and criticisms of my first flash site.

It's basically a collection of links to other sites but presented in a very simple and (hopefully!) more aesthetic manner than usual.

I'm a beginner at flash (and websites) so it isn't exactly pushing the boundaries, but I've tried to make it look as nice as possible within my abilities!

If any of you webmasters out there with finished sites want me to add your link just let me know!

Thanks!

http://www.mawoosh.com

(Looking at the history of this forum category, I just noticed that everyone (me included) seems to post in frenetic bursts of 3 or 4 :D could this be the result of the 3 post minimum condition?! Hope some of you veterans out there comment too...!)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• transitmedia
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definitely an interesting navigation, for some reason it was a little bit illogical but I can appreciate the random quirks that flash alows.

Scrolling box is quality and the text is legable in ALL CAPS. I dig it man good stuff.

Check out [url]http://www.Transit-media.com[/url]
Let me know what you think,
Ben Goodwin
Transit Media
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Ben, thanks for the comments, glad you liked the site.

I'm looking at making a permanent menu on the front page to make navigation a little simpler, but I don't really like clutter... the more people who complain about it though, the more I'm going to have to work at it.

re your site, were you asking for a link or a review?! :D

I liked your site so l'dl gladly link it if you want me to, just mail me through my site so I have an email for the records.

I especially liked the artwork to be found in some of the links, there seemed to be a strong ska theme, so how about a music player streaming a clip or two?

Otherwise I noticed a little typo in the first line of your services/online promotion section:
"it doesn't matter how nice your site looks if NOone sees it... "
  • getso
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • getso

Post 3+ Months Ago

for the first time, its well done.
i mean the flahs animation is good, and nice welcoming.
other things is more complicated, i think
  • Oliver
  • Oliver

Post 3+ Months Ago

:)

Animation is good

Oli
  • WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good!
Just a bit small, hard to read.
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I just got the new open plan version up. Should be easier to navigate now.

Re legibility, the fonts are still kind of small. Maybe I'll try and bump the contrast up a little.

I'd be grateful for any comments on the new navigation and style of the site!

Those of you with sites who want links, just let me know! :wink:
  • am7555
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • am7555
  • Loc: CANADA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like your idea, interesting concept. Colourful yet, controlled. Good stuff. One thing that I was uncomfortable with was the fact that your page fills the screen and the navigation at the top and bottom get lost, unless of course you use a small resolution screen, but I'd like to see the same idea but with defined size rather that 100% to fit any screen. perhaps in the style of letterbox, umm maybe 800px by 400px. Other than that. It's good man.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D I'll give a big kudos for your ideas and animation. Quite impressive, simple and fast animation. really sleek.

From your site, I reckon that you want people to add site links into the site and you will add dots to represent other sites links.

IMHO, the ultimate goal behind link exchange(if this is your aim) is for better position in SERPs (or less importantly, to improve PR) but flash links cannot be indexed by the search engine bots thus do not contribute towards other sites in terms of backlinks.

But still, it's quite an impressive work you've got there.
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen

Post 3+ Months Ago

xfahmix wrote:
:D I'll give a big kudos for your ideas and animation. Quite impressive, simple and fast animation. really sleek.

Thanks man! Glad you like it!

Quote:
IMHO, the ultimate goal behind link exchange(if this is your aim) is for better position in SERPs (or less importantly, to improve PR) but flash links cannot be indexed by the search engine bots thus do not contribute towards other sites in terms of backlinks.

Actually the site isn't meant to be link exchange, people don't have to link back to me although its great if they do.

I made the site hoping for a more aesthetic and fun way to browse new sites for users and a sleeker and more stylish way to get traffic/publicise for site owners. To be honest I know nothing about SEO or Page Rank or any of that (this is my first website) but am hoping to just drive traffic to the links simply relying on nice and regularly updated designs.

I guess I should make the help section a little clearer! :)

Cheers for taking the time out to comment, there's a dot with your site's name on it if you want it!
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen

Post 3+ Months Ago

am7555 wrote:
I really like your idea, interesting concept. Colourful yet, controlled. Good stuff. One thing that I was uncomfortable with was the fact that your page fills the screen and the navigation at the top and bottom get lost, unless of course you use a small resolution screen, but I'd like to see the same idea but with defined size rather that 100% to fit any screen. perhaps in the style of letterbox, umm maybe 800px by 400px. Other than that. It's good man.

Thanks for your comments am7555, actually i just updated the site to make it fill the whole window as opposed to have a defined size. I thought it made the content easier to read and figured it would be easier to add more functionality and content in the future!

Ah well. I take your point about the menu getting a little lost though, I'll try and work on that! btw what size is your screen? I'm working on a laptop.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) If it's for fun, then you've done a gr8 job. Congrats.

I really appreciate if you can add my personal blog (http://www.xfahmix.com) into one of the dot.

Thanks.
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen

Post 3+ Months Ago

no probs xfahmix, do you think you could mail me your link via the site so I have a copy for the records!

Cheers!
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Done, emailed you via flash form in your site. thanks again. :) Good luck with your sites.
  • fraende
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fraende

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site :D.. I would like to got my site on, if I could ? :) .. http://www.fraende.dk (: ..
  • mawooshen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mawooshen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey fraende, I like your site but unfortunately I can only link English language sites right now.

I should have mentioned that before, sorry.

As soon as you get an English version of your site up mail me! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers