SITE REVIEW: www.mediametropolis.ca/www ****UPDATED****

• mack10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mack10

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, I am somewhat new at this stuff and would like expert opinion on my site design and layout.. well, I'm not that new i'm almost done my course, it's a one year programming course but i'm sure there are much better web designer out there than me, so please give me your opinion on what u guys think of my site so far.. no links work as of now but i will update it every now and then for u guys to see. here is the link:

http://www.mediametropolis.ca/www

UPDATE: site has been updated.. it has cross browser issues.. damn divs.. but i'll get those worked out eventually with broswer detection and different css codes for each one.. but for now in IE it works perfectly for me.. please check it out and tell me if u have any problems with it or not.. and of course what u think about it..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks mack, feel free to add yoru link back in. ;)
  • mack10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mack10

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
thanks mack, feel free to add yoru link back in. ;)

Thanks UNFLUX
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks ok, well, It would look better if you added something in the white space, to get a jist of how the whole thing would look?

the top, where just above the Web development Top banner, with the first set of links, I think it would look better if that column was centered.

-
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

get content in...please get something in it.

Overall it's good and the good thing is you mentioned web development and not web designs which is 2 totally different concept. So as a web developer high end graphics isn't expected but it would be a plus.
  • mack10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mack10

Post 3+ Months Ago

soulseek3r wrote:
get content in...please get something in it.

Overall it's good and the good thing is you mentioned web development and not web designs which is 2 totally different concept. So as a web developer high end graphics isn't expected but it would be a plus.

Then i better learn how to become a better web designer.. i'll get something in soon as i can.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I must say, for an initial start to your project, you've done very well.

The layout is effective as it provides the user with the "standards" of navigation. Of course, content is lacking so there isn't that much to critique just yet, however, I would recommend linking your css to its own document rather than sticking it in the source like that - you'll find it time-saving to do so.

Your code seems pretty well structured for a beginner - spaced out a lot, but structured well enough...

I would say thus far, you've got yourself a hell of a start, great job - keep it up, get some more content in there and get back to us with the finished product.
  • mack10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mack10

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
Well, I must say, for an initial start to your project, you've done very well.

The layout is effective as it provides the user with the "standards" of navigation. Of course, content is lacking so there isn't that much to critique just yet, however, I would recommend linking your css to its own document rather than sticking it in the source like that - you'll find it time-saving to do so.

Your code seems pretty well structured for a beginner - spaced out a lot, but structured well enough...

I would say thus far, you've got yourself a hell of a start, great job - keep it up, get some more content in there and get back to us with the finished product.

i appreciate ur input, thanks a lot.. about the css, i always make all my css in the index page til im all finished that one page then i make it external, cuz, just as you've said, it saves a lot of time.. i've added a bit of stuff to the site but i don't have it all updated yet.. again thanks for your critique..

UPDATE: I just updated the site with a few things on the home page.. please tell me if u see any problems with it and how it looks so far.. what i should and shouldn't change.. and so on..
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have visited ur site I come across following points :
1.It open differently in IE and mozilla firefox browser. Try to solve this problem.
2.On the index try to keep least blank spcae. On the left-column space u can give news.There are many free news feeder available on net.
3.While opening in IE I have noted wide white space .Try to give picture or information about ur site content So, it look better.
4.Clicking on any link does not brought any new page. Have u construct all pages? If not make link to page "Under Construction".
I have checked this problem in both browser.
Quote:
Web-design is art of expressing ur thought and things to the people. It's learning never end. I am also newbie in the field.
  • advanceflash
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • advanceflash

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems a little sparse, but what is there is solid

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers