SITE REVIEW: www.misterbling.com

• misterbling
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • misterbling

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would really like an SEO opinion on my site. 2 problems I'm working on is for the hip hop news ticker not to have outbound links and removing any instance of /index.php which is an oscommerce default but screws up search engines. I have put in a lot of seo effort so please let me know what else I should do.

Warning: music on first page. I get a lot of "get rid of the godawful music" from webdesigners but a lot of "wow that's awesome" from customers. So if you don't like it or think it's a good idea you're probably not in the market for an iced out hip hop spinning rim watch either.

http://www.misterbling.com

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a note on the music:
Music on a webpage is distracting. You may get a lot of customers saying "Wow that is awesome!" but they WILL complain when they are already listening to an mp3 or a CD, then go to your site, only to have your mp3 interrupt what they were already listening to.
Even worse than complaining is LEAVING. It's quite possible that you are driving away half your customers because you have music on your site, and only the few that actually like it are emailing you to tell you it's "Awesome"

Unless your site is REALLY useful or popular, you are ALWAYS going to get fewer complaints than praise, simply because it's easier to find a similar website without the music than it is to waste time to complain to you about the music.
  • MISC/A++
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UnderGround

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. No No No No No music, hehe just my opinion.
2. I think the background image not really helping.
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

personally I dont like it.

1. background image looks like some garbage, not like jewelry
2 . title (logo) of the site is almost unreadable, that yellow is only on one place at the site. it is disturbing for me
3. i think page is made by some content management system, so it is (for me) only positive thing on this site

I was reviewing it by Firefox 1.0.4

RUM
  • misterbling
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • misterbling

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I would like an SEO opinion of my site

I took opinions from web designers on web design and plummeted in sales for months on eBay. It's a saturated market and the music and all the stuff web designers hate has the reverse effect on my clientele. Just does. I expect you won't like the content but I'd like an SEO opinion.

If you could take a sec and tell me if my keyword density is off or metatags not in line would be appreciated. If you don't like the music I'm sorry but it and the horrible background stays.

Seo tips thanks.
  • tomkuegler
  • tomkuegler

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of people have already mentioned it, but the background image looks horrendous.

I also cannot read the title image on your site.

The other thing I would mention is that you are asking people to give you their credit card number. So you need to look safe and well run. Your site is not portraying that to me.

I would go for a much simpler, cleaner design.

Just my opnion.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

You do indeed neeed to rid the site of that music - regardless of the SEO being focused on - what good is it to attract users to a site they'll most likely be annoyed with.....

If your really content on keeping that music, than perhaps having the option to turn it on would be best...instead of forcing the user to listen to it....

As far as SEO is concerned...your main priority should be to acquire backlinks as that element will make or break your goals for SEO...you have the content, now get backlinks.
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to prove everybody else's point, I sent my friend, who happens to be a pimped out gangsta, to your website. The first thing he said was, "F*** this s***!" as your song interrupted his playing of Snoop and he closed the window. I convinced him to pause his mp3 and go back to the site just to look at it again. He took one look at your website and was completely annoyed by your background. He said that, "it f***ed up the site," but other than that he liked the site and almost bought a watch.
  • gtop100
  • Born
  • Born
  • gtop100
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site good layout and scripts
  • lbaker
  • lbaker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey
The shopping cart is good -nicely modded, i like the layout, but im not too sure bout the background and banner.
  • sm00th23
  • Born
  • Born
  • sm00th23

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you need to do is stop ripping your customers off.
Ive recently made a purchase from this site and have had no contact what so ever!!!
Good skills, really dosent matter what your site looks like or if theirs music or not when your simply taking orders and not even attempting to fill them.

Since this has happened to me I have come accross three other buyers that have encountered the smae problem.
Well done at taking my $200 plus and not even emailing me with any reasons why my order wont be filled.
  • matview
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • matview
  • Loc: http://www.tedjob.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Better not have moving headers. It is kind of distracting.
2. Better bring you real product list up by shorting the header. Now people have to scroll down to see the products
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow I'm astounded by your site, bravo! I found 1,084 backlinks to your website. If you feel that you aren't getting enough targeted traffic, you might want to consider looking for additional high traffic "targeted" backlinks for your niche site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers