SITE REVIEW: www.mobilegods.com

• mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3
  • Loc: Canda

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys,

I think this is my nicest and fastest project so far( 4 days). Give me some comments, and try not to be too nice :!:

http://www.mobilegods.com
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres a random 6 near the nbc banner.
a tilde near the 2 on the main page
and your page name is blank.
*this isnt a review, just make sure you fix those before someone reviews the site.
  • Kanika
  • Kanika

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would suggest try and insert some better images which are clear and attractive, also change the font..

You have wasted alot of space on the site..
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

when looking at your code, i see you used yahoo site builder. try and move away from that and hand-code the site or if you really want wysiwyg, try an actual standalone editor. also, dont be limited in the content you offer by the images provided to you by yahoo.
btw, that 6 has changed to a 17. is that some sort of "hit-counter"?
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep, from statcounter
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

how do i change the page name from blan to something else?
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

nvm i found out
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I won't be nice... lol. The page is getting there but the way that you have the pictures, screensaves and videos inside of Top downloads just seems a bit awkward, to me they'd look better outside of that Top Downloads container.

Another this is that animation that you have going around the page... it pisses me off. If you like it and you really think it's cool then atleast provide a button or something to turn it off.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found the man running around the screen really annoying as well. You also had spelling errors. You mispelled "because", which makes it look really amateur. That said, I do like your images and the overall layout of the site. My site needs a lot of work as well, so I won't be too harsh. Best of luck.

Chris H.

Internet Security & Privacy Blog - http://internetsecurity101.blogspot.com/
  • LiVe ViSiOn ~
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Give me some comments, http://www.leathermaster.com.pk
  • LiVe ViSiOn ~
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

its latest project of mind
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know how to take out the freak, im sure it anoyes me more then u at the moment!
  • blackhole8746
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I didn't really like it. The colors are quite uncoordinated, the topic is absolutley of no one's mere interest. And oh my you could use some buttons instead of the unattractive, static links.

Sorry for being harsh... But that's what I think, and why do you have so many ads?!
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright so i completely changed the theme and made buttons, i put so ads to fill up the page up abit, it looks rly empty without them. And does anybudy think its a subject of no1s interest?( usually when i want a wallpaper for my comp i lookup cellphone backgrounds, their nice)
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Big improvement from the last time I viewed the site. I also like what you did with the ends of the horizontal bars... looks good.
  • abrewitt
  • abrewitt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thje overall site design is prety nice, I think it coul;d do with lightening up a little. also maybe it looks a little blocky, other than that good work!
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright guys thanks for all the oponions, for those who have seen my site since i first posted this topic it has changed alot, and for the better i think

But im still having alot of trouble making the homepage, I fill it up with ads,
I have some ringtones at the top right corner, top downloads in the middle, some ads to fill up the uppder and left side of the page, and of course on the left i have the navigation.What else, look at the big white gaps between each other,

is there a different background color you suggest?
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't care for the blue hyperlinks on green buttons - you might want to pick a better colour for the links. And what is up with the google ad in a scroll box? You could just use the "Link Unit" ads instead of the "Ad Unit" ads.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wanted to make it look like a navigation button so people will click on it
  • tylerdurden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colour scheme is awful..

The problem with wysiwyg editors is that they produce bloated/*plum* code. If you're new to html try using an editor like dreamweaver using coding view then preview it in a browser.

Honestly while this "hand coded" option might sound tricky to start with, at the end of the day you'll become a much better coder for it.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it just got indexed in yahoo. i have another site that looks way better and has better content but is not indexed, ill use this website to crawl my other websites.
  • tylerdurden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

mafiaboy3 wrote:
well it just got indexed in yahoo. i have another site that looks way better and has better content but is not indexed, ill use this website to crawl my other websites.

every site is going to get indexed.. so don't take that as an indication that the website is any good or that yahoo will rate it highly in rankings.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know what color to put for the buttons! If i put some light color people cant see it, apart from light colors, blue purple n red don't look to good. What color!?
  • tylerdurden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

mafiaboy3 wrote:
i dont know what color to put for the buttons! If i put some light color people cant see it, apart from light colors, blue purple n red don't look to good. What color!?

Looks like you need to develope an understanding of colour theory. Do some searches on the topic. Another way is to seek out other good websites and learn from the colour schemes they use.

To start with, try using 2 complimentary colours, say white and blue, and limit your website strictly to these 2 and slight variations (opacity changes) of them to add depth.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

thnx
  • cromebiz
  • cromebiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

i LIKE THE WEBSITE A LOT. Although I do think it could use a different color scheme. Too much going on with the colors. Choose about three that go well with eachother and stick with them. Friendly advise!
  • alopes
  • alopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website have an horrible design man. Search in google for free css skins and use them.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

ye i changed design drasticily, its not done on some pages tho
  • tylerdurden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah the background colours are better, but the buttons & the bubble effects are still really ugly.
  • mafiaboy3
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mafiaboy3

Post 3+ Months Ago

any good place where i could get some good buttons!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 36 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers