SITE REVIEW: www.monsterdraft.com fantasy football tool

• fuzzyscience
  • fuzzyscience

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please give my new site a look:

http://www.monsterdraft.com

Hit me with your criticism - I want to make it better.

Thanks,
Todd
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Todd,

Here are my recommendations:

It is a little spacey for a sports website.

I would consider icons next to your hyperlinks, they can be the same or different from one another.

Flatten the site out vertically it is very slow feeling. If you condense your layout design vertically you will have a faster 'feeling' site.

You site design fails past the initial page, just an FYI, when i clicked on a link those round edges images failed to load, and i was looking at a big white box and big blue box. Click on value based drafting link to see it fail.

Speaking of curves, your curves should be facing the other direction and reside on the left hand side of the text instead of the right hand side, I feel like I am in the sliding down the slide...I can't explain it.

Take that fox news feed stuff and shift it to the light blue bar. It may condense things but where it is at right now doesn't flow well, infact lose it all together, you will lose traffic having that there, without being established yourself...hell, I almost clicked out to go read sports news.

Add some footballish art to your site, footballs, score boards, turf, locker picks, anything to create some focal points.

Now for your banner.

That little space alien thingy...is cute, but the classic times text, across the top, looks like it should be in a bible. You are confusing people. Look at the text inside your monster draft logo.

Take that font, and create your banner text....

Pull those colors and use them in both your banner and throughout the site as both primaries and and accents.

Frank
  • Karsten
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karsten
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice post frank.

Only thing to add in my opinion is the red link color in the left column.. try a different color, it's is very hard to read.

And try to spice up the text with some pictures or something. I had a hard time reading it all at once.
  • Circeos
  • Circeos
  • Loc: France

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Looking your website, it doesn't really appear like a sport one...
I feel it lacks some pictures, shape and color.
I miss flash banner to give more interactivity...

But, the text is really clear and gives enough details.

Great general job...
Congratulations.

Emily.
  • fuzzyscience
  • fuzzyscience

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the great feedback! Frank, especially thanks for the details. We'll go to work on it.
Todd
  • swiftmed
  • Born
  • Born
  • swiftmed

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree, it doesnt really look like a sporty site, and the red text on the left needs a different colour. apart from that, nice one mate. keep it up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers