SITE REVIEW: www.motionrise.com

• khurramraja
  • khurramraja
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I need to work on a new website for myself which is presently under construction (http://www.graphicsrain.com). However, before i start designing that website i would very much like to get feedback on my previous website http://www.motionrise.com so that i don't repeat the same mistakes again. Please feel free to criticize any aspect of the website so that i may have the chance to improve my website. I provide web site design and development solutions.

Thanks in advance,
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site seems a little busy. If thats cool with you then you might want to stick with is but it seems that if you did less in the back ground then there would be more focus on the content of the page. Also the logo and type in the header have ripped edges.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've got only 2 errors on the w3c markup validator which are real easy to fix, and in my opinion, if you offer web-design, it's important to comply to w3c standards ... Click here to see them ...

On the homepage, you've got an image up top and an image right at the bottom, which are both showing the same way ... (the blue bars), maybe you should just flip the bottom one vertically, and it will give a much more rounded effect ...

I also think you should maybe disable the rollover of the page that the user is on, for example if I am on the "services" page the "services" button could be another colour, and not clickable, that way the user will know on which page he/she is, and won't redirect to the page that he/she is on ...

Also I see that not all the buttons on your nav-bar have the same size gaps between them, which looks a bit odd ... The same happens on the "portfolio" page ... Some of the images are aligned center and some bottom it seems, so the gaps between them aren't the same size ...

then on the "contact us" page the textboxes are white, but on the homepage they are blue, I'd suggest sticking to one of them (I'd prefer white)

Then you've got this nice blue, red and white theme running through the entire site, but on the "home"page and the "services" page you've got those yellow, green, and light blue "dots" which really don't seem to fit in with the rest of the colours ...
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. You may want to work on your color combination.
Somehow you used to many colors, especially with the Motion 1, Motion 2 and Motion 3 columns.
You need to reduce the number of different colors you have which make your site seems too busy.
  • section8ff
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Houston

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, awesome banner.

while the main page seems a bit busy, it still looks good, the one thing that I see is text color. some of the background color makes the black text hard to read, but that may just be me. I think your site might benefit from less text on the home page, and getting straight to the point. The welcome is a nice touch, but I personally tend to skip over it, and start looking for the information I am after, when it comes to a business site. You have information repeated throughout the website, that could be removed from certain places, and kept strictly in the areas it belongs. like your packages, you have that on both the home page and under services, this could be removed from the home page, or atleast abbreviated.

Other than those issues, the site looks great, I think that it functions how it should. Good job
  • khurramraja
  • khurramraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much guys, i really appreciate you taking your time to reply to my post. Yes i have fixed the errors that were on home page according to what righteous_trespasser has suggested. However, all other things suggested in regards to the color scheme esp on the home page (motion1,motionn2 and motion3), i will replace those colors with a standard color which would be the color blue of the buttons on top of my nav bar. And yeah i will also edit the writing to get to the point as section8ff has suggested, it does kinda repeat. I personally liked the idea about keeping the button to red color once somone clicks on it so that it informs the user where they might be on the website. Than you guys very much for your comments.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please tell us once you've done all your updates so we can have a look at it then ...
  • khurramraja
  • khurramraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright guys you may take a look at my website again. Based on your feedback i have made changes to my website. Some of the changes which i made include...

->fixing the buttons so that red color shows when the page is active.
->took out the circular balls and made all three packages of same color
->fixed the write on homepage,aboutus, and services.
->also fixed the side area where i am displaying the news and other links.

Please provide more suggestions. thank you in advance.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers