SITE REVIEW: www.nationofchrist.com

• bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys,
I will want you to review my first web project.
Thank You

http://www.nationofchrist.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a lot of work to do. It's obvious that you only looked at your site in Internet Explorer when designing it. Download some other browsers like Firefox, Netscape and Opera and have a look at it in those.

Your Intro Flash does not display in Firefox (and I assume any other Mozilla-based) browser because you didn't include the <embed> code necessary. You included it in your main page header and that works in Firefox, but I think you are going to be horribly disappointed with the way it looks when you see it. Your page display is all off from what you obviously intended.

You need to clear up those issues first before you go much further. You might consider seeking some help in the web design forum to clear up some of those issues.
  • jessre0516
  • jessre0516

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to find a way for to get your homepage header/banner and navigation bar to stretch the width of the page or recenter it so that it just covers the white area of the background behind the main text.

Watch your grammar and punctuation. You put punctuation where it doesn't belong and you do not capitalize where you should. There are plenty of websites online that offer free help for this kind of thing. It is not my strong suit either.

The header/banner disappears when I click on the about us and partnership buttons. I think this problem is related to the previous comment.
  • bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jessre and Atno/Tw for ur comments, i will surely look into that
Thank again
  • hannesmu
  • hannesmu

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it is always bad to start a homepage with an intro. i know nobody who likes that.

as mentioned before, view the page with another browser. with firefox it really looks awful.
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're off to a good start. I concur with the non-IE browsers (a significant segment these days - especially in the tech community). I'd recommend completely removing the initial "intro" page. I only saw a bit of text there, but 99 people out of 100 will skip it, so I wouldn't waste a lot of time developing that page unless you're getting paid to do what the customer wants. Even then I'd try and talk them out of it.
  • bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Guys
i wil sure look at all the comments made
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally I am not keen on intro's to a site. I think they are mostly a waste of time especially the flash intro's. Sometimes when I see one I will just click of the site.

Also, your header and footer seem to be left aligned when it should be centered. I am using Firefox.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C validator is your friend http://validator.w3.org/ I tried your site in the validation and got quite a few errors. Looking into these errors may help you reslove a few of the mozilla browser errors that your hearing about. The mozilla based browsers have typically had stricter requirements than IE for a page to render correctly.
  • jai
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the name..don't really know why, i just do. :D

intro doesn't work, has this already been taken out? the first page indicates a "skip intro", there was, however, no intro encounter.

i cant say i'm a big fan of the site...nor the background, it kind of looks like fish scales (im sorry :( i call it as i see it)

also among other things the buttons of the side bar is a little off, i think..so is the title image for each page (home, about, messages...) it could use a little cleaning up

but then again, that's just me..please don't hate me for it :)
  • bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks everyone for your comment,, their are truly appreciated.
I will really looking the thot and comments passed
thanks all.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers