•  
    Needs some work

SITE REVIEW: www.neecetire.com/

• jammer2552
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neece Tire & Auto Service

A Flash 8 site for a local business that sells tires and services all kinds of vehicles. They love GoodYear, so I gave them a navy/gold theme. Let me know what you think of it. By the way, the virtual tour? If you click on the door that says click to go to the GoodTimeCustomWheels site - I made that page too. Not proud of that one. I'm only just 16, and I made that one over a year ago. Just comment on the Neece site, I'll make a seperate thread for the GoodTIme one.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

A nice piece, but it needs some work.
First of all: I don't like the design. You should make a small menu on the left/right/top side of the page and the content in the middle. The homepage's menu is too simple. Make the buttons the same size and smaller than they are now. Use the rest of the page to show the headlines or give some information about Neece. When you click tires, you see some yellow pictures of cars and only when you hover them, you see the name. That's not quite user-friendly. They are not clickable, so I can't see the rest of the page, but when you have a police car, I think someone will click "cars" instead of "government" for he can't see the word government when he not hovers the building. That's the same for the rest of the menu. When I click the "This page may not be shown correctly link" it says that I have Netscape. I have Firefox...;)
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design seems a little dark. Also you might want to think about the SEO problems you face with doing a flash site since the html site link doesnt work. There doesnt seem to be much information on the site. Just a bunch of image. Also there seems to be an abundence of "effects" in the designs. You might want to cut back on them.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, but the site needs some work. The flash and the HTML versions are both very badly presented as far as content. And for a start...I don't recommend you use javascript alerts, they are rather irritating.

The site really does not give any information, especially the HTML version.

And a home page should not just be buttons, atleast have some nice intro like the goodtime site...but that flash file took like 1 min to load...way to long. But beyond the goodtime intro the site was also lacking in content.

I really suggest you put content on the pages before you make an intricate nav menu, the content is what the customer will pay you for.

And the theme was way to dark for the subject.

And where you have the "locations", why not implement google maps api to plot the location instead of directing the visitor to another site.

Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers