SITE REVIEW: www.nightmarethemovie.com

• Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend Curt Hayden at Skytemple designed this site for my first film, Nightmare. The website is an important step in our marketing, and I would appreciate to get some imput as to how effectively we created a scary website.

The trailer for the movie is at the end.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

First up, I hate Flash sites. Sorry, I just hate them. At least put a loader on the front, I sat there for a while with a blank screen wondering if my browser was broken. Took a a minute and a half to start, and I'm on broadband.

I didn't get through it all, my phone rang and there was no volume control right there on the site so I closed the browser. You need at least a mute option somewhere.
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome! I love the content very much and the movie sounds awesome!!! I guess there is not much to say about the design. There is nothing to be done right away. But initially, I didn't know if there were any links in the splash. Try giving the links in the splash some distinction so people don't have to look around for it.

P.S. - When I clicked on "Enter NightmareTheMovie.com" on the splash and took me to the page where the eyes were rolling rolling around and promted me to use my webcam just freaked the living sh*t out of me...damn, that freaked my out. Keep up on the good work, though!!!
  • Shigeru
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome job, makes me want to see the film.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Flava.

gsgfx, I'm glad you found the webcam feature. Not many people get it.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Next time, please include a link.
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

your page is only black...
  • takai003
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • takai003
  • Loc: Albany, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks good to me. The flash intro where you clicked stuff was kind of scary, but it was just too long. I almost clicked out of it. The movie does look pretty good though :)

As for the actual site with info, it was pretty good.

My suggestion would be to NOT use Flash on the splash page. Use simple HTML with image links to the intro and site, and make it clear that you need the Flash plugin to view them. If someone goes to your site and they don't have Flash, they may be discouraged and leave.
  • povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like very much the site, even I hate flash, but the site look clean and is very nice.

Regards,
Ovi
  • G$
  • G$
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great, but hard to navigate--fun though. I as well found the splash page confusing as I have dial up and was waiting for something clickable to appear. Also--no load screens--that gets under my skin!!!

But good job!!!
  • aimillie
  • aimillie
  • Loc: Largo, FL - USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked it a lot, very very well done... thumbs up.
I did get lost in the woods though... I clicked and clicked on the blood spot on the right, but nothing happened...was this the intended purpose? :wink:
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a neat flash, but I think it's wholy unacceptable for promoting an actual movie. I let it sit for a few minutes with the eyes blinking. I didn't know I was supposed to click anything. To tell you the truth I was lost. I couldn't find out anything about the movie except it looks to be a horror. It's pretty intriguing, but unless I heard about the movie first, I'd just leave and I wouldn't have a clue that it was advertising let alone what it was advertising.
  • BrianR22
  • Born
  • Born
  • BrianR22

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great looking site, I've added it to my favorites.
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, thank you for the imput. To get traditional info about NIGHTMARE, just click on the bottom icon on the first page that says Merlion. Thanks, and keep the great imput coming - Dylan Bank
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow :o

It took awhile to load the site even with my cable connection. To be honest, if I had been just searching around on the Internet I more then likely wouldn't have waited for it to load.

That being said....I'm glad I did! I love the music, the edgy strings building the tension and excitement. The graphics were professional and clean, I loved the photography. I did get a little lost and had a difficult time with the navigation in certain areas (I had to go back and look to find the web cam after gsgfx mentioned it.)

I think it's very good and if you could just fine tune it a bit it would be great....it does make me want to see the film.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.O It is really slow loading . But its worth to wait. The graphics are simply astounded and the starting intro is really nice ! Great work :D
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you say it takes a long time to load, do you mean two minutes or twenty? Just asking so I can talk to my designer - Dylan Bank
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I visited the site earlier, it took about 2-3 min. to load (the first screen). Just now when I visited the site it loaded instantly.
It wouldn't have been in my cache or temp files because I deleted those.

Perhaps there was just alot of traffic on the server yesterday and it took a long time to load because of that?

Whatever the reason it worked great this morning...

:o
  • chicagotech
  • Born
  • Born
  • chicagotech
  • Loc: Chicago, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

like very much the site,
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, yeah, also. The site is interactive, so you do have to click around - the eyes are just watching you.
-D
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone else out there?
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

we've added a few subtle new features, hope you take a look

http://www.NightmareTheMovie.com
  • tateusmaximus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

you need a "loading" caption to indicate to users that the site hasnt finished loading even though the browser says 'done'

i found it a bit hard to navigate. like i could only go where it allowed me to go

good concept though
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Dylan, you've got me hooked. It looks great....definitely something I want to see when available. Congratulations on your effort! :)
Please let us know when and where it will be distributed.

Staci
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad you like it, we're having our world premiere in the ShockerFest in Modesto California on Sept 24th. We're nominated for "Best Picture", "Best Actress", "Best Actor" and "Best Score" , and NIGHTMARE is the most nominated move at the festival (sweet!)

So check out the website, what do you think? I like the loading idea, we need something cool for that.

-Dylan Bank
  • Dylan Bank
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dylan Bank

Post 3+ Months Ago

We've been accepted into the NYC Horror Fest and Chicago Horror fest too. We have a redone website and I'd love some imput on it.
http://www.NightmareTheMovie.com
-Dylan Bank

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers