SITE REVIEW: www.OriginalDigital.co.uk

• flightie
  • flightie
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my first attempt at web design:

Original Digital

It's my own webshop, all of the content and artwork is my own.

I'd appreciate some constructive comments as I'm working on the site alone, and sometimes you "can't see the wood for the trees"!
  • deivnet
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to sell your "art", put it on top of the page and move the header image after the exmple or the real products.
  • ilektroniks
  • ilektroniks
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the guy above. If you really want to sell your art, viewers want to see what you have to offer when they come to visit you. Keep them interested in your site.
  • alans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

deivnet wrote:
If you want to sell your "art", put it on top of the page and move the header image after the exmple or the real products.

This quite sensible, you should have your product on first look and you also should reduce the size of the header picture.

It is really nice design as you are doing it first time. Well done :)
  • moonswamp
  • Born
  • Born
  • moonswamp

Post 3+ Months Ago

deivnet wrote:

agree with you, put your products on the top, and resize your header image, so people can know what you really want to do in their first eyes~
  • actipti
  • Born
  • Born
  • actipti

Post 3+ Months Ago

i gota agree with the top replys about making your art the main focus of your site. other then that it looks really good, i really liked the art pieces. good job.
  • ultimatehandyman
  • ultimatehandyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kept getting annoying pop ups when I tried to view it.

I clicked on a few pictures and then when the larger ones appear it looks pretty obvious that the pictures have been manipulated as the hands and faces are different colours etc. I'm no expert on graphic design, but I would try and get the hands and faces all one colour. If you could acheive this the pictures would look much better!
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. It's not over crowded which is good. The image seems rather big though as it takes up most of the browser window before you have to scroll down to see other stuff. Not sure if that can be improved or not, but everything really looks alright and that image thing is only a minor hitch. Infact it's not much of one.

Good luck.
  • evolvexmb
  • evolvexmb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed with the others. We need to preview what we buy ;).
  • earsdaman
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like your site! From a graphics perspective, I am a big fan of the reflection/glass style, and think you've got it spot on! The site grabbed my attention from the off! Good job!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers