SITE REVIEW: www.pageranked.com

• Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just set up new site like digg or reddit. Please let me know what you think honestly:

Social User News
url= http://www.pageranked.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• moonswamp
  • Born
  • Born
  • moonswamp

Post 3+ Months Ago

a plugg site???

you should take more time on the design~~~
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

moonswamp wrote:
a plugg site???

Yep, well a pligg site.

But in what way should I take more time.

The idea is to get feedback now before I start hacking everything up lol

Thanks!
  • sixthsense
  • sixthsense
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

dwhswebhosting wrote:
moonswamp wrote:
a plugg site???

Yep, well a pligg site.

Thanks!

Everything is very basic and doesn't offer anything unique what isn't there yet. If you ask me you are basically asking for ideas instead of feedback..
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

sixthsense wrote:
dwhswebhosting wrote:
moonswamp wrote:
a plugg site???

Yep, well a pligg site.

Thanks!

Everything is very basic and doesn't offer anything unique what isn't there yet. If you ask me you are basically asking for ideas instead of feedback..

cool thanks for the feedback.

I want to focus more on the backend and keep the design simple and fast (kind of like google). but I also don't want it to be too boring.

I think I will see about adding video and maybe a top story with a bigger image in it.

I also want to make sure it's easy to read and comfortable.
  • Johnkitty
  • Johnkitty

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site has pr 1, and medium traffic. I think it looks like other pliggs, so you don't have to change anything accept for putting ads into your page...
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johnkitty wrote:
Your site has pr 1, and medium traffic. I think it looks like other pliggs, so you don't have to change anything accept for putting ads into your page...

The thing is most people don't know what pligg is, my focus is not to be different then other pliggs just to be what people would like to see when getting the news each day.

Although I would like to be different in concept a little. But still staying simple.

Thanks!
  • salmane

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks very simple. and seems to be built on WP.
having said that , there is potential. Instead of having a login ..try to use the facebook graph API.
Simple is good, too simple is only good if you are google.... I would do a little more to make it easier on the eye...you know users like to have a pleasant layout. it is one of the reasons why facebook took over myspace
good luck
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks salmane, great insight.

I think I will add the facebook login and like buttons also maybe spruce it up some.

Thanks again,

Charley
  • creative726
  • Born
  • Born
  • creative726

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site quickly loading, first i though may be its related to google page rank, but its a ranking of different pages, any way nice looks and great site.
  • yveslorenzo
  • yveslorenzo

Post 3+ Months Ago

All i can say is your domain name doesn't suit your website.

The site should be SEO or pagerank related.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't want to be negative here, but what is the unique contribution of your site? Why would users want to use you instead of the popular and already established brands? I know it would be awesome to be able to invent another digg, or facebook, or google - but they have already been done. You need new functionality in order for your effort to make sense.

In terms of looks, the logo is a bit drab and uninspired frankly, I'd like to see it a bit jazzed up. Otherwise it does look nice and clean and friendly.
  • paofu1985
  • Born
  • Born
  • paofu1985

Post 3+ Months Ago

yveslorenzo wrote:
All i can say is your domain name doesn't suit your website.

The site should be SEO or pagerank related.

I have to say there are many this kind site
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I appreciate the concepts! There Are many types of websites like this but to my defense there is also many types of bars and resteraunts, and cleaners. Most people need news so it's a commodity which means there is never too much of it. It is just really heard to compete. Also the top site digg has lost over half it's traffic from selling out to sponsors, cheating, and lying. Redditt the next biggest is for little kids.

Thee really isn't a mature news resource like these sites that is really popular. So I think there is a clear goal.

As for the design I want it to be fast and simple, think of google, drudge report, or facebook. More function less flash. But I know it needs help and would love more ideas on how to made the design better.

Of course all of this is arguable and I really appreciate feedback. It would be nice though people explained a little more about why they feel a certain way. And ideas about what to do to it to make it better.

As for the name it is perfect for a SEO site I know this, I bought it for this reason years ago lol. I made the site a tool for ranking news related web pages and websites in general, so I think it fits. Also SEO I think is really played out, every third world country has about 20k services for this but News for some reason still seems opportunistic.
  • raspberry
  • Born
  • Born
  • raspberry

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes well pretty gud job, try give some easy captcha, make a good logo for branding the site. , need some more adding categories, good work best of luck
  • peacock
  • peacock

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tested the site :

- Register - maybe include facebook connect to make it easier to register

- Submit story - could be made easier by pre-filling some of the fields using the meta data ?

In description field it says "tags allowed: Story_Content_Tags_To_Allow_Normal "
I didn't get that.

Best of luck with the project.
  • dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the simple design but maybe add a little color. News does not go into detail.
  • flipperman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flipperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

yah, the site has same similar to digg but it has so bare sidebar. i hope you would add something more better to the site
  • phanirocks
  • Born
  • Born
  • phanirocks

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks very simple..Do some SEO and people will definitely consider placing links on your site
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 13 days ago

Hi?! chaze your website is really very simple yet powerful. Yes, the splash screen itself tells us about the concept of the website in a very clear manner.Thanks for creating the most wonderful and useful website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers