SITE REVIEW: www.pami.biz

• RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

havent posted here for a few months.so here is new one Ive made and I will appreciate your critique for it :)

http://www.pami.biz

Thanks in advance.

RUM
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dustin_klug
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dustin_klug

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello.
I'll say something about its appearance.
1. i think your background colour (blue) is too glowing. It's not good for the text readability.
2. the HTML version: I've noticed some problems with menu. The link http://www.pami.biz is lower than other links.

Good luck!
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

thanks for comments, will consider that blue. what browser do you use?

rum
  • dustin_klug
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dustin_klug

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use firefox 1.0.7
  • gcpmusic
  • gcpmusic
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I like the blue background but I don't like the combination blue /green, I think would be more effective with yellow with the text menu' in black which give more impact. Also I would use a different fonts for the menu' .

So far I don't see the point in using flash . . . you could concentrate on contents and keep search engines happy!

gC
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

gcpmusic wrote:
Hi, I like the blue background but I don't like the combination blue /green, I think would be more effective with yellow with the text menu' in black which give more impact. Also I would use a different fonts for the menu' .

So far I don't see the point in using flash . . . you could concentrate on contents and keep search engines happy!

gC

Hi gC,
thanks for review. Thing is there will not be a lot of content (im just a designer :roll: ).so it will be tough to make search engines happy only with valid html or few used keywords.
I dont use blue/yellow combination as I think it will be more agressive, im happy with this green.

rum
  • inspyder
  • Born
  • Born
  • inspyder
  • Loc: London, Ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I think the layout looks good. I would start the bulleted text on the projects page with capital letters (like "-Hotels").

"Maintain" is spelled wrong on http://www.pami.biz/pami_projects.html (you have "mantain" there). It's also misspelled on the equivilent flash page.

Good luck!
Dan
  • LanaST
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also noticed a few mispelled words throughout. You should double check everything :D
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

LanaST wrote:
I also noticed a few mispelled words throughout. You should double check everything :D

Can you tell me where? I've checked it by MS Word ( :roll: ). Grammar should be ok. Dont forget, it is UK English :)

Thanks for review ;)

RUM
  • LanaST
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm. that must be the reason cuz the words were all spelled the same way, using s instead of z like in realize / realise for example
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gave it a quick once-over, and spelling and grammar look fine to me. =]
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the option for flash/html. if you are using the flash version solely to show your flahs skills, couldnt you just have a link on your html site with a gallery o f your flash abilities? Or are you just wanting to present your site in flash, and just havethe html version for accessability? Either way your flash sites is not using flsh to its best advantage (my opinion of course) I always thought that flash was for adding some pizzaz to sites that could not be accomplished with standard HTML, and as your HTML version goes to show, its exactly the same. Pep up the flash use some transitons between pages, if you got it flaunt it. I dont meean go way over board just for overboards sake, but what is the point of using flash if you dont use its strengths?
  • TwoSmokingPunKs
  • Loc: Homer, Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

Other than the cool flash header picture changing, I can't see any difference that can't be done with CSS. I like how clean and simple the whole thing is. Not a lot of words to get confused over, just the facts. Nice. I agree with inspyder that the bullets should start -Capitalized, and would maybe even find a better bullet. the thin dash didn't make the point for me. something bolder. fancy wouldn't quite fit with your design. Overall however I really liked the color scheme. The flash side does look better, but I think it could be done in CSS and not have to make people install flash to see it in it's glory.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

got to saw i find the site very boring graphically, both in the html and flash version. Plus i cant see the reason to have the two versions

2/10
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all,
thanks for comments. I agree it is not using Flash at its best. Well, Il'l try to make it more interesting. There will better reason to have two version then. I'm still pushing on my client to give me more info about what this company does and more stuff we can put on web...cant make website from nothing.

I've made the bullet points instead of these dashes.
  • TwoSmokingPunKs
  • Loc: Homer, Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice. Looks more solid.
Quote:
...cant make website from nothing.
Plenty have tried, few of them have succeeded. Your clients will think of more to say, don't worry. Eventually, they ALL have more to say. :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers