SITE REVIEW: www.petrolscooters.co.uk

• daveM
  • daveM
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.. i am new to this forum however, I have been playing with websites for a few years now and would like some real feedback for my main website..

I am a UKk based GoPed dealer and i am purley internet based so all my sales come from the websiet..

I have tried to keep the site simple (no flash etc) and easyy to use / navigate / read as most of my 'customer base' are kids..

Petrol Scooters Uk Website

also.. i use a seperate site as my On-Line Store..

On-Line GoPed Store

this is a bit more limited as the software i use is provided by the host and has limited adjustments..

Thanks..
  • gaparker
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: England, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a good web site. i like the use of the pictures, there in a space where you cant miss them. the different colour text is a good idea

Do you have flash? if you do maybe you could do a cool gimic(logo)?
  • diegomh7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK- Sheffield

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I mean i like it, the layout is nice and clear and youve got some cool products on sale, the only thing was, i tried to find out the price for the skateboard with a motor and the page jumped into a frameset and i was back to the hp ?

overall though nice !
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make your logo more catchy

The site seems a bit too busy for me. Try putting things a little bit more tidy. The state they are in right now my eyes don't know where to focus first.

Besides that I think it's a cool idea for an online store :)
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

In all, a basic but good site. It's simple, logical, uncluttered and information is immediate and easily accessible. The pictures help in guiding users to what they're looking for - well done there.

The colour scheme works and is consistent throughout the site.

The only issue I have is when going to the order page, with the frames, ie, http://store.securehosting.com/stores/s ... ophome.php.

You repeat your main home page within the frame space for the shop home page. This is just doubling up. I understand you need some filler there but a mirror image of your home page is not it. Maybe you could use that area to write a spiel about ordering, current specials or most popular parts/items.

Also, the “on-line shop click here” gif on the home page, it looks a bit tacky and amateurish compared to the rest of the page.

That's my two cents worth.

Rating – 6.9/10
  • lennyc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lennyc
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: Simple and stright to the point. I liked it. FREE shipping, I think others will too.
  • tateusmaximus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the site. i also like the scooters!

i built my own from scratch a few years ago now. top speed is 70km/h on that hawk!
hehaeh

yeah i like the scrolling details in the status bar!! thats really good. looks tricky.
how did you do it?

thumbs up man!
  • daveM
  • daveM
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys for the comments..

I agree with the one on the 'On-Line Shop Click Here' image on the home page.. It was something I had to just quickly put up as so many people just couln't seem to see the links to the on-line shop anywhere else ??

if anyone is any good a graphics (I am not very good..) then plese feel free to send me some to replace this terrible image with.. :D
  • Funk Doc
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Funk Doc
  • Loc: London, England.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's a great looking site that with the right promotion could become very popular, but is only let down by your company logo.

Logo seems to plain.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers