SITE REVIEW: www.playersnmotion.com

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

wasn't sure if I s hould post this here or in reviews, and since it isnt a review per-se, I decided on here. Moderators move it please if necessarry. OK on to business lol. I am currently working on a commisioned site that will be unvieled in September, I built the original site 2 years ago, and have been keeping it upgraded. But they want a different look an feel to the site. More database center look to it. I would like you guys to take a look at both layouts and give me ideas on which layout looks better. Are there improvements I can make to the first one that will make it better? Or does the one I am working on now look better? Be aware only the top two links on the side work on the new layout, I am going to do a flash header because they have some music they want to play, so feel free to click those links but other than that, right now its just a layout. OK lol here goes!

Current: http://www.playersnmotion.com
New Layout: http://www.playersnmotion.com/main

Thanks!!

//Edit: Let me give credit to Unflux for the site design. I visited his latest project http://www.seo-guy.com, and liked the layout, so I asked his permission to use a similar theme and gave him a preview. He liked it and said ok. So thanks Unflux !!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

New one. Definately. Allthough I liked it when you had the right bottons "curving off" like last time I saw it, and without the footer, but thats just me!

Um, I would go for centering the copyright in the light colored patch, I can see what you've done, but to me it looks off-center even though I know it is not. Does that make sense?

There is also something a little odd about the gap between the body and the footer. I'm not sure if the gap needs to go or be made bigger or slightly more curved at the edges where the join is.

I'm not sure about the mixing the serifed and sans-serif fonts works to well.

The blog/news bit needs making the same width.

Thats absolutely all the "faults" I can find with it. 4 is very good for me :wink:
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

well *plum* rtm LOL is that all? I did pretty damn good then! I wont be mixing serifed and sans-serif fonts when its done, I jsut havnet fixed the CSS on it yet. That news section is gonna take some work because for some reason when I widen it, it pushes my butons off. So thats a bit of a project. :P

On the footer Im going to go ahead and connect it. I need it because some of the pages dont have enough content to extend the bgimage to the bottom of the screen, so I had to add the footer, I thought it would look ok disconnected, but Im going to go ahead and connect it, that way it all flows together better. Appreciate the reply rtm thanks!
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

SharkShark wrote:
I need it because some of the pages dont have enough content to extend the bgimage to the bottom of the screen,

Make the bgimage the width of the "page" and then apply it to the body, at 50%, repeat-y

That should also do the trick. But if you wanna keep the footer then keep it :D
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the box thing around the news thingy

I would say have it the same as the rest of your beoxes, and prehaps have update dates beside the title, or atleast the same font and stuff as the inside text

other then that, go new one
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

muchos kudos, new one looks pretty cool, i dislike the menu fonts tho, aside from it, i love the color settings and the overall look of the site, way to go
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ifrit wrote:
i dislike the menu fonts tho

appreciate your opinion. What font style would you suggest?
  • panreach
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

go with number two!
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

SharkShark wrote:
Ifrit wrote:
i dislike the menu fonts tho

appreciate your opinion. What font style would you suggest?

Well i allways use either verdana, tahoma, or plain old arial, and ive never grown tired of those, plain simple and none to flashy is the way to go, imo.

Maybe ask some more people, get more input before changing, if changing is what you're planning to do.
  • Freakyp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: M'boro. TN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, the new one is nice.... i especially like the color scheme you chose for it...
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This was a tough call SharkShark. I almost put this in Digi Art, but I thought since both links were built out as sites, it belonged in reviews.

//moved, topic changed.

;) I like number 2 better, but for my tastes it a little too momochromatic.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks DM, knew i should have posted it here in the first place :P. Monchromatic you say? Hmmmm.... guess ill have to dig up some more colors. Dont want the site too bright though so we shall have to see I guess. I'm thinkin I should add a simpe background to it, that may spruce it up a bit.

Thanks FreakyP!!

Ifrit: yeah I suppose i could change it to verdana. But Ill probably leave it. Thanks for the opinion though!

Thanks for all the review so far guys!
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

let's hope the guys like the site heh, will you get payed for this?
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ifrit wrote:
will you get payed for this?

Yes, and yes I do hope they like, They get a preview of it next week. so fingers crossed guys!
  • cinema88
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cinema88

Post 3+ Months Ago

good work!

easy to navigate and use .. good design
i like it!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers