Voting Chart

Total votes : 4

If you stumbled across this site, would you buy from it, assuming you needed the product and the price was fair? (Look credible, professional, secure etc)

•  
    Yes
  •  
    No

SITE REVIEW: www.ProjectorScreenStore.com

• hmmurdock
  • hmmurdock

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is an experimental site I am running to target a particular niche. I tried to make it as easy to navigate as possible by spending a lot of time assigning product attributes (for advanced sorting etc).

http://www.projectorscreenstore.com

I am happy with how it works (for the most part) on the backend, but I would really appreciate any input regarding design, flow etc. Thanks alot!
  • mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmurdock,

I honestly couldn't find anything as far as design so I went a little further - to SEO. The only thing I could even find there was that you have to dig half way through the page source before you get to the readable body text (search engine food). Anyway - it looks good. I guess I will have to find a different site review if I want to post suggestions.

-Tim
  • mediatitan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mediatitan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh - I found something. I think there is an error in your sitemap.xml file. The first line, <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>, is where the error is. I can't see your actual file, but this is usually caused by an extra space or line before the statement. It looks like you have a couple spaces before and one after. Talk about picky script processors.

-Tim
  • hmmurdock
  • hmmurdock

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Mediatitan. The sitemap is generated by the actual shopping cart software itself, so I will contact them regarding this.
This site was actually indexed in Google within 1 day, which leads me to believe it had a previous owner (however I found nothing on the waybackmachine.org)

there is little I can do in terms of repositioning where the main body is in relation to the code, however I appreciate your review and I'm glad you didn't have too much to criticize ;)
  • frnet
  • frnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't have much time to browse through the whole site, but the first impression is very good. The site is professional looking as well as it is clean.
  • Henryct
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Henryct

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like yout site, it looks professional and secure.

The only think that I'll add it's an address, sometimes, as a customer, you want to know where are the company offices, in case of a claim. I don't see it under "About us" nor "Company Info".
  • hmmurdock
  • hmmurdock

Post 3+ Months Ago

Henry,
Excellent point, thanks!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers