SITE REVIEW: www.propertymixer.com

• Kanika
  • Kanika

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All :) ,

We have launched a real estate networking platform www.propertymixer.com

I would like all the experts in here to send there feedback on the design and the concept.

Thanks
Kanika Nayyar
kanika.nayyar@propertymixer.com
http://www.propertymixer.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Haifa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is nice, but the header repeats on my system. It could be because I have the font sizes set to 150% in Firefox. Also, the page fails validation with 15 errors. They are all simple errors and should not take a redesign to fix.

Other than that, the coulours are dark, but the coloured photo frames contrast that nicely.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first I didn't see the navigation because it is so well hidden ... Isn't there any other place where you can put that?

About the validation errors ... you can see them here ...

Maybe you could add some rollovers to that navigation you have aswell ...

I clicked on the "about" link and suddenly the whole layout chenged ... that's really confusing ... I think you should keep the layout the same throughout the entire site ...

Yeah sorry, I don't know what's going on there, I'm a bit confused now ... some of the links are at the bottom and some are on top (on the other pages), I think it needs one navigation menu ... and one only ...
  • XOXO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • XOXO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I like the header. It looks nice. setting it as a background image clever thing to do. I would use a larger font size than what you have in there. I also would set the font-size in ems or % rather than in pixels. You have used two doctype in your html. You only need one. In addition to validation problem as dotancohen and righteous_trespasser already pointed it out, Your layout cannot pass the WCAG2.0 L2. Check it here :

http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/servlet ... a&lang=eng

You have used tables for your layout but w3c does not recommend it. Tables makes the content harder for search engine to crawl your web pages Therefore your page rank will be effected by this. Also it decreases the accessibilty of your web site.

I have some good info and links in my portfolio at http://cssfreelancer.atspace.com. You might want to visit my portfolio. Please review my portfolio and give some feedback in the new thread that I am going to open tomorrow.

If there is anything else you can email me using my email in my portfolio.

good luck
  • Kanika
  • Kanika

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll check on the validation thing for sure..

Thanks
Kanika
http://www.propertymixer.com
  • dreamndeal
  • Born
  • Born
  • dreamndeal
  • Loc: hyderabad

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wrote:

dreamndeal wrote:

Don't just steal my ideas because you have none ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No just kidding. You did hide the navigation well. Is it the two links on top? (Usage guide and contact us)?

nice layout and design and color scheme I should say even though your site is weak on the content.

Some pages link back to homepage even if they say they should go somewhere else. Why?

Why does an Estate site ask a person to register? What are they going to register? What do you need to provide Guestbook? I thought the site is an Estate. Isn't it?
  • Kanika
  • Kanika

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogery,

Yes usage guide and contact us are links, what exactly do you want to say about them?

I guess you are not clear about the concept of the website. It's not an estate agent website, but its a real estate networking website and that is why it asks for registeration. I would suggest if you read carefully the about page you'l know what the site is all about.

Thanks
  • vidadeverdad
  • vidadeverdad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site.

My only criticism would be that the header may be too large so the main body of the layout is pushed too far down. I feel i need to scroll down to get a 'birds eye view' of the content of the site. (if that makes sense)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers