SITE REVIEW: www.Qriosity.com

  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
Please review my new site http://www.Qriosity.com that is in alpha right now... Any suggestions, reviews and critisizm are welcome and will be taken into consideration for beta and release.
Thank you!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

anybody?
  • jberry
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • jberry
  • Posts: 8
  • Loc: Atlantic CO

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. I looks like you are going for something like Perez Hilton/youtube.

I think the only thing i can suggest would be to some style to it. It is very plain. Maybe some color or a certain look that would make people remember your site.

Other than that It isn't bad.
  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you.
I am going to do some touch ups and change some colors to brighter ones in the next release and add pictures instead of blogs.
Any other reviews?
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 157

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a little plain, maybe a pattern or gradient for the page background might help. It's nicely laid out though... I can find everything easily.
  • nikkyn
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • nikkyn
  • Posts: 12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh! Your site have many pic of Lohan.
  • cinema88
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cinema88
  • Posts: 48

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi...
hmmm
design .. ok
very interesting videos ..
source code of site is not valid ... w3c
you should correct them ..

good luck! :wink:
  • zerogcameron
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • zerogcameron
  • Posts: 20
  • Loc: Atlanta, Ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just looked at it and thought it was great (I'm fond of orange and black...).
  • MrGamma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Toronto, Burlington, Hamiltion, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good but it is fairly heavy... Reduce the number of images...

Connection Rate Download Time
14.4K 169.77 seconds
28.8K 90.19 seconds
33.6K 78.82 seconds
56K 51.53 seconds
ISDN 128K 23.13 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps 11.69 seconds
  • SportsNarrative
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • SportsNarrative
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice clean layout.

It's obviously about music...I see a lot of Britney Spears. But I'm just thinking, what is the motivation behind this site? Most Popular? According to who?

I think this could be easily addressed with a a short few sentences detailing what the site is about, how the popularity is determined etc.

Very good beginning.
  • MrGamma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Toronto, Burlington, Hamiltion, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the old view better.... It is also slow to download... Maybe try compressing those images a bit more...
  • janim
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • janim
  • Posts: 21

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think you have to change your keywords couse your PR=0 let your keywords more specific google for britney spears for example you will find a very strong websites with high PR so dublicate the contents for index page and have more specific keywords i think 8)
  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

cinema88 wrote:
hi...
hmmm
design .. ok
very interesting videos ..
source code of site is not valid ... w3c
you should correct them ..

good luck! :wink:


Oh, nice... thanks... I would need to work on this one now .. :)
  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

MrGamma wrote:
Good but it is fairly heavy... Reduce the number of images...

Connection Rate Download Time
14.4K 169.77 seconds
28.8K 90.19 seconds
33.6K 78.82 seconds
56K 51.53 seconds
ISDN 128K 23.13 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps 11.69 seconds


Hm... Strange... I have png and it takes two seconds to load on DSL... I would need to look through, maybe put less videos on one page...
  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

SportsNarrative wrote:
Nice clean layout.

It's obviously about music...I see a lot of Britney Spears. But I'm just thinking, what is the motivation behind this site? Most Popular? According to who?

I think this could be easily addressed with a a short few sentences detailing what the site is about, how the popularity is determined etc.

Very good beginning.


Thank you... :)
Most popular according to search engine analysis. I am working on creating a new index page right now that will tell more about the site.
  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

janim wrote:
i think you have to change your keywords couse your PR=0 let your keywords more specific google for britney spears for example you will find a very strong websites with high PR so dublicate the contents for index page and have more specific keywords i think 8)


Good point, thank you. I would have to work on SEO after I get done with overall design since I want to finish the site before I get visitors. :)
Thank you for a great suggestion though...
  • robyroy
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • robyroy
  • Posts: 13
  • Loc: romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice layout.
try to use max 20 keywords . now is too many in your source code in my opinion.
all best,
robyroy
  • tatrasim
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • tatrasim
  • Posts: 12
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

robyroy wrote:
nice layout.
try to use max 20 keywords . now is too many in your source code in my opinion.
all best,
robyroy


I think I would have to change it to something different instead of just the names of the topics I have. :-/ More descriptive. I will think on this one...
  • flightie
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • flightie
  • Posts: 7
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clean and easy to navigate, but the orange is hurting my eyes!
  • kwiatek
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 17

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, 'cause it's really catchy

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.