SITE REVIEW: www.quails.org.uk

• imagemoore
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • imagemoore
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey folks,

Can you give my site a looksie and give me any thoughts for improvement?

http://www.quails.org.uk

Regards

Rich 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where to start? Well... I think the layout/design is very good. But are those supposed to be buttons beneath it? It doesn't link anywhere and there is no other places to go to. If they are, I suggest you make them light-up or change when you put your cursor over them.

As far as the graphics go... you use the same image way too many times. I think you should use that Image for the title bars, but get rid of the pic behind the "Quail" pictures.

Another thing regarding the pics, I don't know if it's just my comp; but there seems to be a lot of fuzziness! Did you save them as .jpg?

There is a lot of room for improvement, but I think it's a good start. Well done, and keep up the good work!
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

All over the site layout is okay..but I think you should add the navigation buttons out of the header and use some diffrent font instead of current and your footer home button is seems to be vanish when I rollover to that..I mean the rollover color is same as the BG....and ofcourse you should add those two search bar in the same box or same area..then it will look more professional.
And you have used same image for header and thumbnail and ofcourse everywhere which is not looking professional.

Thanks.
  • koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site layout, but it just seems a little to grassy, but thats my personal opinion, it really goes with what your trying to market.

I really don't like the paypal thing in a box, I think it would look okay if you took it out of the box and just had the logo there?

Good job,
keep it up :D
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a good site with a new idea...but needs some work. First in the logo, I would put pictures of actual quails instead of those gray objects (are they bird feeders?) Secondly, the navigation buttons should link to somewhere or be taken off, they confused me. I would also make the background of that paypal image sky blue to matcht the box its in. In fact, you may want to do that with all the white boxes and make the text white so it fits better and the More Information box should be taken out until there are more pages. Overall the site is good, keep it up.
  • mjmtaiwan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjmtaiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

HM... there is a line in your graphic about 1px tall about 45 px down the page.

The blue is a bit too light.

THis is zen cart right.

I really want to read about Sexing and Rearing my quail but the links don't work in your banner. Got to fix that.

I would also drop the notifications pannel and the who's on line... its not good to show people they are the only ones at your site.
  • desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I quite like the colours. They make it a "bright, happy" page what is what I think you were going for :) Like others mentioned, the images (that look like they should be links) under the title pic aren't links. ...if they're just there to mention your site covers those topics, they shouldn't be so big. I'd move them somewhere else... possibly to the body text. If they're supposed to be links, then make them links :-)

What's with the "Your IP address" thing at the bottom? Some people might think you're "invading their privacy"... and there's really no need for it. YOu can track IPs on the server if you want, but there's really no reason to inform the user what their IP is.
  • mjmtaiwan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mjmtaiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The IP thing is the default on Zen Cart... an otherwise nice free shopping cart in php. But it MUST be customized so it doesn't look like every other Zen Cart..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers