SITE REVIEW: www.quote-engine.com

• ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet
  • Loc: HIGH PEAK, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Could you give me some feedback on this site...

Cheers
Phil
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are we to assume you mean this one:
http://www.quote-engine.com ?
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

:oops: Ooooooops yes - http://www.quote-engine.com
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the layout is really nise
i love the marquee how it stops when you hover over it that is one thing that i hate haveting to reed them over and over again
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it! Simple and easy. Here's a tip though to make your website a little quicker.

Change all of these:

Code: [ Select ]
<TR><!--barclay--><A href="https://www.smart-quotes.com/uk/creditcards/app01.asp?_LD=219&_LN=14&_T=_SQ_EXTERNAL&_AF=116" target="blank">
<TD class=topbutton onmouseover="bgColor='#000066'" style="CURSOR: hand" onmouseout="bgColor='#006699'" bgColor=#006699 height=17><FONT face=arial color=#cccccc size=2>Barclaycard</FONT></A> </TD></TR>
  1. <TR><!--barclay--><A href="https://www.smart-quotes.com/uk/creditcards/app01.asp?_LD=219&_LN=14&_T=_SQ_EXTERNAL&_AF=116" target="blank">
  2. <TD class=topbutton onmouseover="bgColor='#000066'" style="CURSOR: hand" onmouseout="bgColor='#006699'" bgColor=#006699 height=17><FONT face=arial color=#cccccc size=2>Barclaycard</FONT></A> </TD></TR>

Into this:

<td id="navigation">
<a href="yadayada">link</a>
<a href="yadayada">link</a>
<a href="yadayada">link</a></td>
  1. <td id="navigation">
  2. <a href="yadayada">link</a>
  3. <a href="yadayada">link</a>
  4. <a href="yadayada">link</a></td>

By using css. you can either embed it in your page or link all of your pages to it. here's the css.

td#navigation a{ display:block; cursor:hand; height:17px; background:#069; color:#ccc; font:10px Arial;}
td#navigation a:hover {background:#006;}
  1. td#navigation a{ display:block; cursor:hand; height:17px; background:#069; color:#ccc; font:10px Arial;}
  2. td#navigation a:hover {background:#006;}

I'm not exactly sure if I got the font syntax correct, but it should work. And even better, since the links are set to display in block mode, you don't even need to do break tags.

You can easily get rid of all of your font tags, cellpadding tags, width and height tags, and a ton of other markup by using CSS too. Great job so far.

And best yet, you don't need separate td's for each link. Use the method above, set up your borders in the CSS for each link, and include all of the links inside on tall td instead of several short td's.
  • barmybint
  • barmybint
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooh! I like it - looks very professional. I'm afraid I can't give you any fancy tips and tricks as you're WAY ahead of me! The only thing that I thought could be improved was the width of the page - seems like a lot of blank space down both sides? There may be a reason for the gap but you have a lot of information on your pages and maybe it could be spread out a little more?

Maybe I'm just jealous - heh!

Barmy x
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really nice, professional. I like it a lot.

What can I say?

1. The yellow used as frame of the menu and content is too yellow. (Try to get it to the orange, may be the colour of QUOTE-ENGINE in the header)

2. Try to match the position of the marquee with it's label (Testimonials). They are not at the same level. Try to use a frame for the marquee to see what happens too)

3. The thin frame of the images is great. Try to use an anti-aliasing for the corners to make it smooth.

Good work: 8/10
  • abcigs
  • Loc: Pentwater, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad site at all! :D

The Meta Tags (title, keyword & description) all seem to be in order. I like the layout, and the navigation menu is rather user friendly. I would have to agree with the Yellow trim being "too yellow". I think it would mesh together better if it was the orange/gold color in the header.

Nicely done site thought!

J Marsh
  • SohoGuy
  • Born
  • Born
  • SohoGuy
  • Loc: Atlanta, Ga

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like and dislike your color scheme: I like the contrast of the blue and yellow, as you have picked a blue, light blue, yellow, white color scheme. I think the different shades of blue work, but I think for a more professional look you should stick with one shade of yellow/gold. The title is in a more golden yellow, while you use light yellow in other parts of the site template. Just my 2 cents.
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers All, overall I am very happy :D with the feedback so far. I will experiment with colours, especially the yellows on the site. Then post back here - so you can have another look.

Cheers
Phil
  • artbydesign
  • artbydesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Phil,

I checked out your site, and would have to say all in all it looks good. There is a couple minor adjustments I would make if I were the designer. First off (in agreeance with others) I would darken the yellow stripes down each side. Also, I would speed up the Marquee that runs across the top of the front page. It seems to run a little slow, and most wont take the time to wait to get the full effect of the testimonials. However, the general design and layout are quite good, especially the navigation.

Art

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers