Voting Chart

Total votes : 6

would you use reviewthishost before choosing your next host?

•  
    Yes
  •  
    No

SITE REVIEW: www.reviewthishost.com

• freelancewell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • freelancewell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please let me know your opinion about http://www.reviewthishost.com

The site has over 7000 posted hosting plans .

and hundreds of reviews and forum .

We also developed a web host speed test . You can try it for FREE .

Thanks everyone for looking , any suggestions will be welcome :wink:

chad
  • Younggoggles

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice hosting, is it your site?

I might be interested in hosting my site on there have a look what you think
http://www.younggoggles.co.uk

not sure if i got the right end of the stick ne way
tell me whats what lol
:wink:
  • freelancewell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • freelancewell

Post 3+ Months Ago

reviewthishost is a host directory . we do not offer free hosting , but you can find ones thru us .

regards
  • Younggoggles

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh right ok.. i'lll have another look later

wasnt too sure what you meant lol
  • freelancewell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • freelancewell

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are very excited that over 4000 real users has reviewed their hosts .

We are still planing to make reviewthishost the host review central of the web .

Thanks everyone for looking .
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is well-organized for having so much useful information;I like the orange and white color scheme. Check the page title on your host search page, it says "host speed test". Also, you should include search criteria for the # of ads on shown on the user's page and for the type of domain they will get (.com, subdomain, slashdomain,etc.,). I must compliment your hosting speed test, the comparison to other sites is extremely useful. Nice job with this site!
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Erm... I might've missed it, but I don't see the name of the company anywhere. So if I click on a category, all I see are plan titles, and if I click on visit, I have no idea where I'm being redirected. Is that how it's supposed to work? That in itself would keep me from using the site.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have got to be kidding...the first host on the page is this http://www.reviewthishost.com/view_plan.php?sb_id=27694

Wow. If that's what you're recommending, then no I won't ever use your site...less than 5% of developers use ColdFusion, so why list it first?!
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am now furiated with your website. You should seriously try using it.

- The "Companies" dropdown is WAY too long. You should allow a breakdown by first letter or a search.

- Limiting user reviews to 500 characters is asanine. You are only degrading the quality of the reviews to save what...a few bytes?

- Don't force users to look like idiots because they can't use semi-colons, ampersands, or other characters. That is a backend problem that should never be forced upon your users.

- Your site doesn't stripslashes when it is outputting the review....adding lots of backslashes all over the place. Not professional.

- The text on the top of your site should not be center aligned. It should be left-aligned.

- There should not be a space before ending punctuation, please pick up a third grade english book.

- Now that I am thinking about it, the text at the top needs to go anyways. It looks like crap and nobody will read it.

- Don't openly tell users that webhosts pay you to advertise their plans...and don't claim anything is UNBIASED because it isn't! ALLOWING A HOST TO CONTROL THEIR REVIEWS IS BIASED! (Please LOGIN to your account or SIGNUP with us to advertise your Webhosting Plans)

- Your date on the upper left runs off/out of the column.

- You have images without alt attributes.

- You failed HTML validation with 72 errors...so why boast about it?

- You failed CSS validation with 2 errors...again...don't boast about it.

- "All Rights Reserved" should be in proper case, like shown...not in lower case.

- It looks like you missed your copyright sign before the 2005.

- If you are serious about the website, you should register it for at least 2 years. Google looks down upon domains that were registered only for a year, weighing negatively upon the search results.

- On the host review page (actually looking at reviews) there are about 3 different font-sizes...and they don't really show a good hierchy....it makes the site more cluttered.

- Your logo, that ugly ad, and the 2 links (home and contact us) shouldn't be floating above the spot that the template intended for them to go. Put your logo in the grey area, move those 2 links to somewhere they fit better, and trash the advertisement.

- Please replace all instances of the word "advance" with "advanced". You are using the verb that means go forward.

- Terms of service shouldn't have a bright red background because you were too lazy to make it fit the template.

- Terms of service shouldn't open in a new window.

- Your TOS and Legal Policy have the same content.

- For contacting you, I should be priovided a number of options for a.) who I want to contact, and b.) how I want to contact them. Getting a 1-800 number will make your business look more legit and increase the number of people wanting to advertise on it.

- "can not" should be "cannot" (sign-up page)

- Don't claim to "test" the "speed" of a host when all you do is get the ping time. If you do decide to actually test the speed, make sure you use servers from different locations around the globe.

I don't mean to be rude...I just say it like it is.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers