SITE REVIEW: www.santaisahindu.tk

• isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have decided to completely overhaul my site, using xhtml & css,it should be pretty standards compliant but i havent checked it since i last updated it so if you find any errors please post them, i have tried to keep it to as little images as i possible can for the layout (1) due it being such a long page, anyway, any ideas, criticism or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

http://www.santaisahindu.ahazdesigns.com/main.html <--- moved new host with no popups (thanks ahazdesigns)

http://www.santaisahindu.tk

EDIT // now fully xhtml & css compliant
  • Felix_net
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. I do like the link that takes you to google searching for a "half giraffe, half alien" creature. *scratch head*. What I don't like are the pop-ups. Yes, I know its hosted free. Still, no one likes pop-ups.
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really dont like the pop-ups even though it is a free site i could make you a few references to other sites if you pm me (moderators is that ok? im not trying to spam i just hate pop-ups!!! lol)
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

what popups :]

<3 Mozilla

well, its a blog, so.. nice..
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry about the popups, i use firefox so i get a pop up blocker therefore didnt realise that they were any, but ill have a look at it on ie, my freehost (<a href="http://www.hostultra.com">hostultra</a>) did tell me that it had no ads, i presumed that included banner ads AND popups, o well, i guess ill have a look round for another host or put a link on my site to a decent pop up blocker for visitors to download, anyone know any?
  • AHaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i ran it on msn explorer and ie explorer and there are tons
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, there really isn't much to discuss quite frankly - as mentioned before, its a blog site so any simple design and layout can serve its purpose.

That being said, the particular design scheme you have running is appealing - minus the typeface. I would prefer the more standard Arial or Verdana (my opinion) rather than the one chosen.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I would prefer the more standard Arial or Verdana (my opinion) rather than the one chosen.

I have changed my old "system" font to "verdana" but to give it the more fuller look i have added a bit of font-weight, and plus, text zooming is much better in verdana than system!
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice blog.. the background is a bit too sharp..u can reduce the background opacity it wud look better :)
  • clicky
  • Student
  • Student
  • clicky
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like it more if it was more 'readable'...the main things I see impeding readability is the background, which just screws up my eyes heh...maybe you could try a nicer background with your name or something on it...

Also, the top paragraph with the 'navigation' could be improved - I hate reading light gray....not enough contrast...

Also, blogs like xanga, livejournal, blogger, etc have comment boxes etc, which yould make your site more interactive. To tell you the truth, I think the aforementioned blog sites are, at the moment, making nicer blogs than yours.

But, as I don't know your intended audience (do people read it?, or is it just you?) I can't really mention anything else...

Sorry if my criticism isn't too constructive...good job though so far :wink:
  • lestermagic.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lestermagic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look, the solution to any problem is diversification. That being said, you need lasers.
  • Flaky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting...

Though i am not a fan of blogs, i probably wont be visiting it that often. However, throughout the many blogs ive been too, not ONE have looked as creative as yours. While simplistic, and not as interesting as others, its very easy to understand

Good job :D
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Until I read other's posts, I had no idea there were links! It would help if you added a little color or more emphasis to them. To be fair if I read all the blog text then it would be obvious, but it's just my preference for links to 'stand-out' a little.

I'm not salivating over that background, and if your pages are all going to be have that amount of content, then I would make the div a little wider so the page isn't as long. After 3 pages of scrolling I tend to get a little bored :)

Good luck with the rest of the site!
  • nmyers
  • nmyers
  • Loc: michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would just like to say your site is very entertaining. I got a few good laughs. The only thing i didnt really like was it is kind of hard to read. thats the really only thing that truned me off about it.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback, while this page still needs to be worked on i consider it a great improvement on my last layout ( http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/santaisahindu/actualsite.html)

Because the page is so long (this way it is simple and easy to navigate, the links at the top are just a joke really) i made the background fixed, this way it gives off the idea, or atleast i thought it did, of the page being much smaller.

I will have a go at darkening some colors in the background image and maybe look into underlining the links etc...

Thanks alot for all your feedback!
  • eSite
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eSite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not enough contrast, can't read.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have darkened the background image aswell as the text color (#AAAAAA), i have changed the link color to match that of the div border (#FFC0CB) aswell as widening the div border from 3px to 4. And it now also conforms to the 508 accessability guidelines.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yes, much better. One of the nicest blogs I've seen. Great work!
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site was getting a little boring with the bland colors, i brightened them up a bit and also put title tags on my links, anywho, it is basically the same layout as v1 but with different colors, anywho, review away --->

santaisahindu v2 >> now fat free

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers