SITE REVIEW: www.SciFuture.com Splash

• Genjamin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Genjamin
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,
I am starting a site and would like a review for the splash page. The site isn't up yet so tell me about the design aspect as well as interest in the actual site when it comes out.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. (That's the generic version)

Specifically -- I like the motion and the speed. Nice and fast and the music matches. Load time is minimal on broadband. It's not quite what I would seek out, personally, but I enjoyed what I saw so far. Much better than a lot of flash splash pages I've seen.

As a side note, add some style to the HTML portion (skip flash, etc) to make it the quality of the flash.

Additionally, thanks for following the guidelines for posting a review. I watched you do your three reviews and most had some quality thoughts. But don't let it end with just reviews. Please enjoy the rest of our little community and contribute where you can.

Welcome to Ozzu -- please feel welcome to tell us about yourself here:
http://ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?t=4.
  • Genjamin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Genjamin
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks,
I've just been going around the entire site and I've seen a lot of great things I like. There is a lot of participation here and I think I'll be sticking around.
  • teyjohn
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice.... very dynamic..... :shock:
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

the intro was very cool, i liked it but the site portion (html) needs more work....as ATNO said, it doesn't match the flash very much at all. white writing on black background :roll:
it may only be the slpash but work could be done. i will be waiting for the site to be completed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • Scribbler
  • Scribbler
  • Loc: New Castle, DE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually I have to say I liked the starkness of the white on black animated text. As someone else mentioned it looks great on a fast connection (mine's cable modem) but I hope it's impact isn't lost on a dialup connection. Have you had someone with POTS take a look? Again, it looks great and makes me look forward to seeing the rest of the site. Good work.
  • bluechip
  • bluechip

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always been fond of Flash although at times it gets in the way. But your flash seems to be not that busy and that is whats important. It doesn't take a long time to load and gets the point across very quickly. The key is more white space (in your case black space) and you seem to handle it well. Good job.
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its nice. But like a few people said, the main site doesn't match the flash. I think the flash was well-made everything is smooth and clear and it doesn't make me want to click "Skip Intro".

Job well done.
  • Douggz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Douggz
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

The intro was cool and dynamic

a thumbs up

7/10
  • Kasracer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Kasracer
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really like it, the intro was just plain... maybe that's because I've seen thousands of them.... :confused:

The HTML needs alot of work, your site doesn't validate and I think the Flash needs more action and more speed in certain areas.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers